Chapter 1

I finally got my nails done and my tattoo earlier. I was about to pay when my phone rang loudly
"Excuse me one second" I looked at the lady who nodded at me and smiled
"Dad?" I said worriedly
"I need you to come back. Jake has been acting out and started hanging out with this girl who hangs with the cold ones. She's only using him cause she was left by the guy and i'm worried he'll act out over her when the time comes"
"Are you okay?"
" I'm fine sweetheart but i'm worried about your brother. I don't know what to do"
"I was in the middle of paying for my nails and I'll talk to my professor to see if I could continue my classes online"
"I'm sorry for interrupting your life but I don't know who else to call"
"Ima go pay then pack and i'll be over there tomorrow morning"
"Thank you Nova"
"Anytime Dad"
He hung up and I apologized to the lady for taking so long. I tipped her $50 and went home to pack everything.

It was the next morning and I had finished packing last night. I called my teachers and they approved finishing my highschool online since i'm in a boarding school. I put on my outfit and finished putting all my bags into my car. My dorm was so empty. For the last time I closed my door and my neighbor came out her dorm looking at me sadly.
"I'm gonna miss you so much" she said hugging me tight
"I know but my dad needs me. Maybe one day i'll come and visit when everything dies down"
"Yea keep in touch though"
"Will do"
I hugged her one last time and walked to my car. I looked at campus one last time and went into my car. The drive was long and I was so tired. I stopped by a small cafe and ordered some food and coffee. I saw some guy there who was staring at me very weirdly. He was buff as hell almost as if he was on steroids and I could feel staring into my soul. I quickly grabbed my food and left. I drove to my dads house and walked in. Immediately he came over and I reached down to hug him tightly.
"where's jake?"
"He's in the shed with the girl"
"Why is she here?"
"She's been coming a lot since the leech left"
"They have some nerve coming here"
I walk over to the shed and hear them
"Oh come on"
I walk in and Jake's face falls
"Nova?"
"You don't look so happy to see me Jakey. That's no way to greet your twin"
He came over and hugged me tight
"What are you doing here?"
"I missed home"
"Got tired of the rich preppy school?"
"Something like that"
"Oh this is Bella. She's Charlie's daughter. She just moved here not long ago"
She got up and came up to me holding out her hand. I looked at her and scoffed before sitting down next to Jake. I heard a boy from the outside speak
"Yo, Jake, you in there?"
Me and Bella looked at Jake
"It's okay. It's just my boys"
I saw two familiar looking boys come in
"Hey, Jake."
"Hey. Guys, this is Bella. You guys already know Nova"
"Welcome home Nova"
"Holy shit Quil you got hot" I say jokingly
"It's good to see you again" Embry said shyly. Which wasn't like him at all
"You too Em"
"Em" I looked at Bella with a dirty look
"Yea It's a nickname I call him" For some strange reason I got so upset hearing his nickname come out of her mouth. I glared at her as the room became tense
"Bella, that's Quil and Embry" Jake said tryna fix the tension in the room
"Hi"
"I'm Quil Atera"
She looked at jake with a awkward expression before I looked at Embry
"So the bike building story is true"
"Oh, yea, yea, I taught him everything he knows."
"What about the part where you're his girlfriend?"
"I'm sorry his what?!" I said angrily
"uh. We're friends you know"
Embry laughs before saying "burn"
"Actually, remember I said she's a girl and a friend."
"Embry, do you remember him making that distinction?"
"Nope"
"So you guys have girlfriends. That's awesome."
Why does she wanna know?
"Yea right. Quils actually taking his cousin to prom"
Embry chuckled a bit. I couldn't help myself but smile. He looked at me
"Yea, that's still a riot"
"That's crazy"
"You want funny Black? I'll give you funny." He said before attacking Jake.
"Jeez" Bella said laughing
Embry went and stood right next to her and she looked at him and smiled. I look at her and roll my eyes before walking out before I bite her head off. I start walking off when I hear someone come running out after me. I turn around and see Embry looking at me with a worried face.
"You okay Nova?"
"Yea i'm fine. Ima go sleep"
"How about I help you unpack?. I'm pretty sure you're tired from the long trip and that way it makes it easier"
"Fine. I guess"

Me and Embry pretty much spent the whole day unpacking. Dad was as Charlie's house and Jake was in the shed with Bella. Quil helped a bit but then left cause he had curfew. Me and Embry spent the whole day talking.
"How was school?"
"Not as fun as you'd think. It's hard not knowing anybody especially when you need someone to talk to"
"Hey um. When you look off your sweater I noticed you had a Medusa tattoo."
"Yea um it's not really something I talk about often"
"You could wait to tell me. I don't wanna pressure you into telling. You tell me when your ready"
We talked more before he had to go home. I kept thinking about him. I don't know why.

(The tattoo)

(outfit)

Published February 1 2024