Chapter 2

Bella started hanging out with Jake more I had started hanging out with Embry more. There was something about him that was different and I loved it. He was sweet, caring, kind, funny, and mostly he made the pain go away. He understood me being broken and didn't overstep boundaries. We got so close in such a small amount of time to where he was coming over almost every day. 4 weeks ago I reconnected with him again after 3 years I can't help but feel a connection to him something I can't shake. I got up and put on some grey leggings and a white hoodie and my white af1s before heading over to see my childhood best friend Leah. I had grown up with Leah despite her being a year older than me we clicked right away and I was always over the Clearwaters house. Seth had even grown a crush on me even though I was 2 years older than him. I got into my car and drove to see them. When I got out Leah jumped on me. "Where have you been all my life?!"
"I'm sorry I haven't came to see you. I've been dealing with Jake and his stupid girlfriend"
"His girlfriend?"
"Yea the Swan girl that came a while"
"Oh her" she said with  disgust
"I don't fucking like her. She makes me wanna bite her head off"
"Yea. I know how that feels"

We hung out in her room and talked. I told her all about my days with Embry and how close we had gotten. We listened to music before Seth barged in and turned it off. He looked up at me and stopped he turned red.
"Oh shit. Sorry Nova. I didn't know you were here."
"Hey Seth"
"You look beautiful"
"Um thanks. You grew up I see"
"yep. You could come see what you were missing out on you know"
Leah threw a shoe at the door "out!"
"Well see you later Nova"
He closed the door and me and Leah started laughing. She looked at me
"He's been so excited about seeing you. He was so devastated when you left for school. He was moping around for months and said the love of his life had left him broken and shattered"
"dramatic much. I thought he would've grown out of the whole crush thing"
"I thought so too but the man's in love"
"Dating my best friends brother seems like that's the wrong thing to do"
"as much as it would be cute seeing him happy I strongly agree"
Before I could say anything else my phone started ringing and Embrys name popped up on my screen. I answered it
"Hello?"
"Hey I know it's last minute and you don't have to agree but I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out on a date today? I was thinking we could go to dinner and see a movie? Again I say you don't have to say yes it was just a thought"
I muted him and looked at Leah
"Oh my god Nova say yes!"
I squealed before unmuting myself
"Yea. That sound fun"
"Great I'll pick you up at 5"
"Okay see you then"
He hung up and I squealed
"Oh my god you have to go home now and start getting ready! If you need help call me and i'll pick up right away"
"got it"
I left Leah's house and went home to get ready.

After calling Leah and having her pick out my dress I waited for Embry. He rang the doorbell and my dad answered
"Hi mr.Black. I was wondering if I could take Nova on a date today"
"You could take her wherever you want kid I trust you"
"Thank you sir"
I walked over and smiled at my dad
"You look beautiful Nova"
"Why thank you Embry"
We drove into town and watched the movie. After we drove to the restaurant and ate while talked. After paying and leaving we went to my house and sat out front talking more. I looked at him 
"Em?"
"Yea Nova?"
"I think i'm ready to tell you about the tattoo"
"Okay. I'm listening." He said with a warming smile.
  WARNING ( MENTION OF RAPE)
"At my school they have this mixer for new students. Me and my neighbor had already knew eachother from freshman connection so we decided to go together with her boyfriend. We got to the place and it was this huge party. I'm not the type of person who likes parties but I was in a new town and needed friends. We hung out and I was actually having fun. There was this senior named Riley who kept trying to talk to me. I guess when I wasn't looking he put something into my drink. I remember my neighbor saying she was gonna play beer pong with her boyfriend and asked if I wanted to come but Riley said I was talking to him and I agreed to stay with him. He took me into a empty room and raped me. The next morning I woke up in a random room with my body hurting and I didn't know where I was. I didn't wanna call home cause I had begged my dad to let me go to school there and I didn't wanna fuck it up cause I knew he was gonna take me home. I didn't tell him until after the boy graduated. He agreed to let me stay but started checking up on me every weekend. During my sophomore year I got the tattoo with my friend"
He looked at me with anger in his eyes.
"I'm sorry I have to go"
He quickly got up and started walking
"Wait Embry!"
I tried grabbing his arm but he pulled away and got into his car and drove off. I stood there dumbfounded as Jake came out. He hugged me while I cried.
What the hell?

(date fit)

Published February 2 2024