Year 6: Re-entering The Past

After all of the research, I figured that I had to talk to Fred and George. Fred needed the rest of the story, and I had to explain to George why I just disappeared before he officially woke up. So, with the book still tucked under my arm, I went to where I thought the twins would be around this time, the great hall. If I knew anything about those boys, I knew that they liked to eat. I walked into the Great Hall and it was filled with students chatting away about their day, which I could promise was less eventful than mine had been.

It didn't take long before I found the twins, mostly because as soon as they saw me, they started calling my name. There was nothing that I could do but shake my head and smile as I made my way over to them, still wearing the same uniform as I was yesterday, a thought that just dawned on me as I crossed the room.

"Where have you been?" George asked as I sat down next to him, "You weren't there when I woke up, and you weren't in class. Professor Sprout said that you'd been excused from class, I thought you'd been expelled before us."

"If anyone is getting expelled, it's going to be you," I said, "I just had a meeting this morning with Dumbledore, Trelawney, and Amaryllis."

"They wrote your mum?" Fred asked, taking a sip from his goblet.

"Yeah, I'll have to tell you guys about it later, here is really not the place for what I have to say," I said, giving Fred a look to tell him that told him it was about what we talked about this morning.

"You're keeping secrets now?" George asked.

"I wasn't the one keeping secrets, that's what the meeting was about."

"Is this about your visions?" George asked.

"Yeah, I saw something I wasn't supposed to, and Amaryllis had to clear things up," I said, "So, whenever you guys are done eating, we can go somewhere more private."

I piled food on my plate, realizing that I hadn't eaten all day, and I knew the boys were still going to be a while. We ate and they told me about what I missed in class, and how they saw Gardenia thriving in Herbology while they were sneaking out to give someone one of the new treats they had made to help kids get out of class with fake sicknesses. Apparently it didn't work they way they wanted and the kid actually got sick, but they told me that they stopped when they saw Gardenia.

She had been the first one in the class to successfully repot her Mandrake and had to help a boy off the floor when he fainted the same way that Neville had. It made me happy to know she was doing well, we'd both been so busy that we hadn't had a chance to catch up. Well, technically, there was probably time to do so, but I'd been preoccupied with reading and taking naps with George.

When we finished eating, the boys eagerly took me out of the Great Hall and lead me down halls and through almost invisible doors until they finally came to another secret room that I had never been in before. I was starting to wonder how many of these secret hideaways the boys had.

"Okay, so, what's with the secrecy?" George asked.

"Well, you know how I said I wasn't the one keeping secrets? That's not entirely true. I didn't know how you'd react so I didn't tell you about the full story. I watched my mom die in front of me, and then Bellatrix picked me up out of my crib and said that my mummy had missed me. I panicked too soon and took myself out of the vision. I'd been made fun of for looking like the daughter of Bellatrix a lot as a child, so, I assumed the worst. I thought maybe she'd actually been my mother and I'd been rehomed or something. I didn't know how you'd react to that information, so I was scared to tell you."

"Love, that wouldn't matter to me. But I have a feeling there's more to the story?"

"Trelawney went to Dumbledore and he wrote Amaryllis, he knew the truth and now that I knew part of it, they had to tell me the whole story. So, she got here this morning. It turns out that the night my mother died, Bellatrix took me away. She had recently lost her own daughter, and since I'd been blessed with a head full of black curly hair, a switch flipped in her mind. She thought I was her daughter Calliope. I lived in Malfoy Manor with her for the next few years until the war ended. My dad died three days before the official end of the war when I was handed over to Amaryllis. They deemed my Hiram too old to be in charge of me. She's raised me and blamed herself for the death of my parents ever since."