Year 4: A Certain Mr. Fred Weasley

I'd woken up the next morning with my shoulder absolutely throbbing, but I almost didn't notice it. What I did notice was that five of the other beds in the room were full of fully dressed Gryffindor students. I knew that they'd kicked up a fuss about staying the night, but I'd expected them to hurry off at some point before the sun rose. The thought that they tried to stay here with me was enough, but perhaps they'd managed to sleep through the night like I had.

Fred somehow had every appendage hung off of his bed, his face planted firmly into his pillow and I hoped that he hadn't suffocated in his sleep. Harry was curled up in the fetal position, making himself as small as possible even though there was so much more bed space that he could be taking up. Ron was sprawled out, similar to Fred, but on his back, so I didn't have to worry about him being able to breathe.

George was laid on his side, barely being able to use the pillow as he had it cuddled against his chest. Hermione was laid on her side, carefully tucked underneath the blankets with one arm curled underneath the pillow and I could see the outline of one of her legs pulled up away from her other one.

I wished I'd been able to sleep as comfortably as they had. No, I had to sleep practically flat on my back to keep myself from hurting my shoulder even further. It wasn't comfortable at all, and I hadn't slept all that well, so I was glad that today I only had like two classes. At midnight I had Astronomy, but I had Transfiguration this morning, but then didn't have another class until after lunch, and thankfully, that second class was History of Magic, so, I didn't have to really worry about trying to stay awake. I'd probably also fall asleep during Astronomy, but that was neither here nor there.

"Good morning, Clemonte, how's that shoulder feeling?" Madame Pomfrey asked, keeping her voice low as not to wake the rest of the students.

"Awful," I mumbled as she helped me sit up.

"That's to be expected," She nodded, "Do you want a note that says you don't have to go to class?"

"You can do that?" I asked, brushing hair out of my face.

"I can do whatever I want when it comes to injuries or sicknesses," She said, crossing her arms, "So, should I write one for you?"

I thought about it for a few moments. I'd never actually skipped out on class or anything, and I wondered what I'd do with all the free time. I could just sleep, or maybe I could go to the library. I certainly didn't feel like going to class, so maybe just skipping this one time wouldn't be that big of a deal.

"Yes, please," I yawned.

She simply nodded, and walked away to supposedly write my note. I sat there, rubbing the sleep from my eyes with the one hand that I was allowed to use, when someone started moving around. It was Fred.

"Morning, June," He grinned, his short hair and uniform all messed up from sleep, and there were little red lines over his face from sleeping on his face.

"Good morning, Fred," I said, offering a small wave.

"I heard that you're going to be skipping class today," He said, his smile not once leaving his face, "Do you want some company? I can meet up with you after I go to transfiguration and we can get up to some... I don't know... Mischief?"

"Without George?" I asked. I knew that from time to time, George and I would hang out, one on one, but I don't remember too many times that I'd been alone with Fred.

"And you get upset when I ask if you like him," Fred shook his head and laughed, "But yes, without George. He's got a class afterwards and it seems you've really gotten in his head because he's actually been showing up for it."