Year 4: Co-Op Holiday

"Juuuuuuuniper...." Someone whispered, gently shaking me awake, or trying to. 

"Heather, leave me alone," I mumbled into my pillow. 

"But it's your birthday!" She whined. 

"Exactly, so I think that I deserve a little time to sleep in." 

"Juniper, get your ass up before you make Heather cry," Colleen said, snatching my quilt straight off my bed. 

I sat up, glaring at all the girls that had crowded around my bed. Heather was clutching the video camera and I could see the red light that meant that it was recording while she beamed over at me. Tamara was standing by Colleen (who was holding my quilt in her hands) at the foot of my bed with her arms crossed. Robin was stood on the side that Heather wasn't occupying, her hair still a mess from sleeping. 

"We tried letting Heather wake you up all nice and sweet," Tamara shrugged, "But that didn't work. So, Happy Birthday, I guess." 

"That was a really touching good morning, Tamara," I rolled my eyes, getting up from my bed while Heather shoved the camera in my face. 

"How does it feel to be fifteen, the people want to know?" 

"So far, it feels like being woken up early on a Sunday for no reason," I grinned at her as a dug some clothes out of my trunk. 

"Wait, don't wear those," Heather said, "We've got you gifts, and not to spoil the surprise, but I got you clothes."

"You're going to want to sit down," Robin shook her head, because we all got you a little something."

"You guys really didn't have to get me anything, it's not that big of a deal." I said, sitting back down on my bed while Heather positioned the camera on my bedside table. 

"Don't give me that shit, Juniper," Colleen said, "I don't want to know that I wasted my money."

"I wanna go first!" Heather clapped, thrusting a gift into my hands. 

It was wrapped in the same pink paper that her Christmas gift of the camera, which she'd been using a whole lot more than I had been. I gently tore it open, and inside rested a tee shirt with what I assumed to be a muggle band logo on it, and a red and black tartan skirt. I pulled them out of the box and looked them over, so it didn't look like I didn't care about the gift. 

"What do you think?" She asked, "I was trying to get you something cute that you'd actually wear."

"I love it, Heather," I smiled and she visibly relaxed, "Don't worry."

"Me next!" Colleen cheered, holding out a gift bag of her own, "I hope you like it."

I carefully pulled out the tissue paper, and inside was a number of different little containers. I pulled them out one by one, finding broom polish, a couple bottles of Sleek-Eazy's, expensive perfumes, and even some new makeup. It was as though Sorrel finally publishing his book and getting a proper flow of money, she was getting more expensive gifts. Obviously, there was no real correspondence between the two, but they did start happening around the same time. 

"I didn't know what to get you, so I got a little bit of everything," Colleen shrugged, "A little sugar a little spice, and everything turns out nice."

"Well thank you," I grinned, "But you didn't have to get me all of this. Just a thing of broom polish would have been fine."

"Oh shut it, Juniper," Colleen shook her head, "It's your birthday and Valentine's Day, you deserve a little special something."