Year 5: The Very Grimm Tale of Juniper Clemonte

*** I would like I add a strong trigger warning to this chapter: dark thoughts, and depictions of self harm. This sequence will be introduced and concluded with (*******). This means these asterisks will appear before and after the sequence, if you wish to skip this section of the chapter once you find the first set, find the second set of asterisks and read from there. Thank you, and please be safe, I love you guys!!!***

I couldn't wait for this bloody class to be over. Dressing up today was a terrible mistake because George kept looking over at me and every time I caught a glimpse of those golden brown eyes, I wanted to cry. I wanted to just forgive him for what happened, but at the same time, his words still stung me. I hated it, but I was almost sure that I'd never be able to talk to him again. Not that I didn't want to, but because when I confronted him that day in the hall, he acted like he didn't even know what I was talking about. Like how often do you just crush a girl's dreams after she confesses her undying love for you?

"Uh... June?" Fred asked, waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked, not really feeing like talking.

"You just sort of zoned out mate, I thought that I'd check on you."

"Since when have you been the kind and caring type?" I snapped.

"Since when have you been such a twat?" He asked, taking actually offense to what I'd just said to him, "Why don't you just talk to George about whatever it is that happened, and we can go back to normal, huh?"

"Normal?" I said, almost laughing, "Nothing is normal for me anymore."

The thought of wind blowing through my fur as Heather and I made our trips out to the Shrieking Shack, how my claws dug into the soft earth, wound its way through my mind first. Then, to the strange situation with Derrick. It wasn't my original plan to make George jealous, but here I was, doing exactly that, or trying to anyways.

One of my best friends in a werewolf, and it's my fault. I have an estranged grandfather who is also a werewolf that I only just met recently. My parents are dead, but I just so happened to see them in a magical mirror a few years ago. I saw a vision of the dark mark when I grabbed Pandora's hand in divination. I'm seeing bits of the future when I'm awake. I'm stressed out of my mind about my O.W.L.s. Angelina, the girl I thought would end up with Fred, ended up with Pandora. George and Adrian are somehow mates. Nothing is making sense anymore.

I wish that I could just stop time and let myself process everything that's happened. But I can't.

Well, I could, it's just not very responsible. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, nasty things happen to witches and wizards that meddle with time, and I don't need to pile anything else on my plate right now.

"That sounds quite depressing," Fred sighed, "But, I can say, things haven't exactly been normal for any of us lately."

"What do you mean?"

"With George moping about and Angie off with Pandora, and whatnot," He sighed, "Our little friend group seems to be falling apart."

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing that I can do, not after what George said to me," I said, averting my eyes and looking down into the steaming cauldron in front of me.

"What did he say to you?" Fred asked, putting a gentle, brotherly hand on my shoulder, "I've asked him what he's done, but he's apparently clueless."

"I told him I liked him," I sighed, glancing up at Fred just in time to see his eyes widen in surprise, "But, apparently he doesn't like me."

"That's rubbish," He huffed, "The ol' git is obsessed with you."

"Apparently not," I said, "He told me we were just friends, and the reason he's always dragging me into broom closets to snog me is because he'd be embarrassed if anyone saw him kiss me."