Year 4: Plant-Based

"I can't believe you kept egging him on like that," I said, shaking my head as we left the Potions classroom. 

"It isn't that big of a deal, Juniper," Colleen laughed, "It was just a little bit of fun."

"You got two weeks of detention and managed to lose over a hundred points in one class!" I shouted. 

"You're a real hypocrite, you know that?" She asked, getting snippy, "You got a month's worth of detention and lost our house like two hundred points last year and we didn't say anything to you about it." 

"I didn't lose house points by arguing with a teacher. I lost them because I helped plan some prank that ended up being a whole lot bigger than we anticipated." I explained. 

"Do you really think that's any better?" She scoffed, "At least I lost points for standing up for something worthwhile." She rolled her eyes and rushed away from me, her textbook clutched tightly to her chest and her short plaits swaying against her neck and shoulders. 

Of course I knew it wasn't any better. But at least I didn't lose house points and then continue to do the stupid thing that got them taken. No, all of mine were taken at the same time because I was stupid and got involved in something that I had no business. 

"That doesn't sound like it blew over well," Fred said, coming up on my right. 

"Yeah, why are you so upset anyway? I didn't think you cared about house points that much," George said from my left. 

"I don't care that much," I said, "It's just that she only does stuff like this in his class, and I know it's because she doesn't like him. It's childish and annoying when she pushes all his buttons on purpose."

I understood that the wizarding world as a whole could do so much better about how we treat and care for creatures, both muggle and magical, but there was nothing Snape could do about what goes into these potions that were created centuries ago. His job was to simply teach us how to brew basic potions. Ever heard the saying 'don't shoot the messenger' Colleen?

"What are you like in love with him or something?" Fred laughed. 

"You're impossible," I shook my head, hoping to get to Charms and find a seat where the two of them couldn't bother me. 

Fred and George couldn't take anything seriously. More so Fred than George, but you understand what I'm saying. I knew that if I really tried to talk to them about this, then they would just side with Colleen because Snape's a dirty Slytherin and they hate them with every fiber of their being. Just wait until the day I've had enough of their crap and tell them that they exude all the qualities that Slytherins value. 

If the houses were based on your traits, then I could think of at least three Weasley boys that would be in Slytherin and a young Potter. However, it's what you yourself value, which is why a lot of times, you get a whole family sorted into one house. For example, the Weasleys who, to my knowledge, have always been in Gryffindor, and the Malfoy and Black families that have always been in Slytherin. 

My double Charms class flew by, and I didn't remember a thing. All I really knew was that I'd heard nothing but giggles coming from all the girls that had sat around Cedric as he flirted with them and that my bag was filled with unread notes from the twins. Notes that I did not plan on reading any time soon.  

I knew that it was ridiculous to act like this. I mean, they really hadn't done anything wrong, but for some reason, I was mad at them. And as lunch drug on, it was made apparent that Colleen was still mad at me, and everyone was picking up on it. 

"Alright, is anyone going to tell me why these two have taken a vow of silence?" Heather asked, interrupting the conversation she'd previously been having with Tamara and Robin about how she thought that the muggle studies curriculum could be improved.