[ 099 ] - Less Pep And More Rally.

—★—·

—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - jason, Jason's whole speech honestly, death, ptsd, depression, voices..

—★—·

"Let's hear it for our Tigers!" Someone said into a microphone as the basketball team came running on court.

"Go Lucas!", "Yeah, Sinclair!", "Go, Lu!" Jesse, Eddie and Gator yelled out as they watched Lucas run happily onto the court with his teammates.

"Good Morning, Hawkins High!" Jason yelled into the microphone causing the whole gym to erupt in cheers and claps and even some whistles.

"First off... Hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand" Jason says into the microphone as he glanced at Gator who gave him a middle finger as a response,

And so did Jesse and Eddie.

"And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad" Jason said into the microphone as he pointed to the cheerleaders that were now sat on the floor in-front of the crowds benches.

"Yeah! Go, Chrissy! Go, Jessica! Go, Skye!" Eddie, Gator and Jesse yelled out while clapping as the rest of the crowd erupted again.

"Chrissy.. Chrissy, I love you, Babe" Jason says into the microphone, earning some oohs and awws as Gator made a fake gag sound earning a few laughs.

"You know.." Jason stated as he glanced at Gator before looking down and then back up at the crowd.

"I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?'. In dark days like this, we need something to believe in." Jason starts and Gator groans.

"Shitbird ain't gonna do what I'm fucking thinking-" Gator says annoyed as he glared at Jason. "I wouldn't be surprised if he did, definitely something he'd do" Eddie states as he took a large drag.

"'m gonna fucking punch him then, ain't gonna care 'bout people in here" Gator stated as he kept glaring at Jason. "I'll help. Right hand man and all that, Pretty Thing" Jesse states as Gator nods slowly.

"So last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team and I said, 'think of Jack'" Jason stated into the microphone as everyone went quiet.

"The rabbit wants to be a wolf, how cute" rang out a voice he couldn't recognize.

"-Think of Melissa.."

"Maybe you were never a rabbit to begin with.." rang out next in Emery's voice.

"Think of Heather.."

"You want to prove you're a winner so badly?.." rang out next in his birth mother-Laura's- voice.

"Think of Billy.."

"So why doesn't the rabbit do something about-" rang out next in Heather's voice.

"Think of McKenzie.."

"this cockroach-" rang out next in Roy's voice

"Think of Emery.."

"that wants to hurt the rabbit and his friends and family?" Rang out next in Barb's voice.

"Think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper"

"Prove to them, 94105" rang out next in Brenner's voice.

"Think about every one of our friends who perished in that fire"

"Prove you're the prodigy you were born to be" rang out next in Bob's voice.

"What did they die for?"

"Be the prince.." rang out next in Ezrae's voice.

"For us to lose to some.. some crap school?"

"Be what you were born to be" rang out in McKenzie's voice.

"For us to return home with our heads hung low in defeat?"

"Make everyone proud of you" rang out in Hoppers voice.

"Let's win this game"

"All you have to do.." rang out in Nadine's voice

"Let's win this game for them' and that's exactly what we did!"

"Little Gator" rang out in Billy's voice.

"We embarrassed those candy-asses in their own house and now tonight-"

"Is kill the cockroach" rang out in Munch's voice.

"-we're gonna bring home the championship trophy!"

Gator was getting more annoyed the longer Jason kept talking about the people everyone lost due to the 'mall fire' as Jason used them for some stupid pep talk.

Gator was so close to just walking up to him and punching him right there in the schools busy pep rally gym.

And after a while, Gator eventually had enough of Jason.

Gator walked up to Jason and punched him as hard as he could right in the teeth which Jason crash backwards into the gyms floor.

Gator looked down at the stunned jock with disgust as the last voices rang out in his head,

In both Jonathan's and Joyce's voice,

"I'm so proud of you, Son"

"I'm proud to call you my brother, Little Alligator"