[ 001 ] - Mirror Of The Past.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - roy, implied verbal and physical abuse, death, blood, lash of anger, trauma..

·—★—·

Moving to a quiet town was a somewhat good idea in Gator Tillman's mind.

Quick name change, style change, hide his accent and anything else that reminded him of..

well, him.

What was stupid though, was that he had turned up to this new town in the stupid sheriffs uniform as that had been the last thing he wore before running away from the last place he lived, didn't have time to change, that's what Gator thought.

Unlucky for him, he managed to catch the attention of the small town of Hawkins' Chief, Jim Hopper, who Gator made sure to stay away from as best as he could because Gator believed that 'all cops know all cops' or something like that- that's what his father, Roy, had told him many times-

It was probably used more so that Gator would stay away from them and only rely on 'Roy's law' and Gator had thought that when he kept noticing Hopper looking at him from a distance a few times as if to figure him out.

If Hopper did, he didn't go up to Gator and ask about it that's for sure.

He just watched him and Gator just summed it up to be 'cops watch people, it's their job' and had left it at that and he made sure to stay clear from the police station as it reminded him too much of his past and of his father.

Gator was constantly paranoid and not just cause Hopper was on to him.

He was scared his father was going to magically turn up and drag his sorry ass back to Lehigh, North Dakota and he definitely didn't want that.

Granted, he missed the ranch itself it was home after all but he didn't miss the baggage that came with it, the people- well, person- it came with, the same one that owned it.

Gator was lucky enough to find a place in Hawkins to call his own, he didn't like how it came about- the previous owner dying after a few months of him being taken in by the nice woman, Elizabeth Harrington, who Gator had started to feel comfortable with for their sort of mother and son dynamic- but of course, nothing goes Gator's way and he was left in the big and empty house of the Harrington's, alone.

So he became 'Steve Harrington', it felt stupid to Gator to carry on the woman's name but at the same time, he was desperate to hide himself so he thought 'why not?' and that's who he became- Steve Harrington, who was the son of the famous Elizabeth that had owned multiple art galleries in New York.