[ 069 ] - Time Passes By Baby.

—★—·

—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter -  gunshot wound, implied medic induced coma, demo-dog, Roy, the upside down..

Note: I can't say I've ever been shot so I looked up how long the healing would take and it said from 4 weeks to 8 months so yeah.. it might not be 100% accurate but that's what we're going with...

·—★—·

It was now June, summer time, which meant that 6 months had past.

Gator woke up on the couch inside the Harrington cabin with Ezrae and McKenzie sitting with Dart as they watched TV from the floor.

The only thing that ran in Gators mind was that his dad had shot him, but luckily it wasn't a lethal hit to his bicep.

Gator looks around the room and immediately notices that he was back at his the cabin and now his hair was slightly longer than before.

"My arm still hurts" Gator mumbled as he saw Hopper over in the kitchen making his eyes squint at the man who was making what Gator hoped was breakfast.

Hopper had heard what he said about his arm still hurting and he looked over at him before speaking, "Well, yeah, it was a gunshot wound, it's going to hurt for a while, Kid. How's the pain on a scale from 1-10?"

"Uh.. like a real good 5?" Gator says as he slowly sits up and hisses slightly at the pain.

"Okay, well, that's good..it's better than a 7 or an 8...it's going to hurt for a while, your arm is still healing so your arm will still be in some discomfort because of that..how's your eyesight and everything?" Hopper asks as he finishes cooking what it was he was cooking.

"My eyes are fine but.. I can't hear anything from my left ear" Gator admits with a confused frown.

"Uh huh.. could be related to the whole prince thing", Hopper said with a sigh and he seems to think about something before he talks to Gator again, "It could be a side effect caused by the upside down having you be 'The Prince' if I'm being honest with you"

"This might be stupid, but what am I meant to do with this now?" Gator asks as he points to his bandages left bicep while looking at his right wrist that now didn't have the cast on it.

Hopper thinks for a moment before he speaks, "Honestly, right now I would say that your main priority should be to keep your arm wrapped up and to just give it time to heal from this. Don't get too overly ambitious as you might risk re-injuring it and that is something that you definitely don't want to have to put up with I'm sure, Kid"

"It's been 6 months.. right? According to what's written on that wall, shouldn't it be fine now?" Gator asks as he squints his eyes.

Hopper pauses and it takes him a little bit of time to figure out a good response as he looks back over at Gator, "You should be mostly healed up by this point so you're right in that regard..so how about this, let's take a quick look under those bandages and see how your wound is doing right now...."

Hopper walks over to the couch and crouches down at Gator's level, "Okay, we're just going to quickly check your wound and everything should be fine..". Hopper then starts to carefully unwrap the bandages on Gator's arm.

After Hopper is done unwrapping all the bandages on his arm, he gets a better look at it and he seems to be satisfied with what he sees, "Huh, your arm is already doing much better than I expected it to be at this point..that's really good..how's your pain right now?"

"I feel okay?" Gator answers honestly as he looks over at Hopper making him nod his head and he gets up again before saying, "Well, that's another good sign, the wound is healing good and it doesn't seem to hurt that much anymore, that's very good.."

Hopper pauses and he looks back at Gator's wound, "Oh, and you said before that your left ear is suffering from some sort of hearing loss right?"

"So, in regards to your hearing loss, we don't really know how long it'll last for but there's a good chance that it hopefully will heal itself in time..if it doesn't though, well, I know of a person that you could see to figure out just how bad the problem is and what could be done to treat it...but you won't like it" Hopper tells him.

"You don't mean Owens right? You know I don't trust him" Gator states with a groan of annoyance making Hopper chuckle to which Gator gulps and nods slowly.

Hopper nodded back and soon, he gets up off the couch to walk over to the phone to call Dr. Owens and set up a time to get him to come over here to the cabin.

"What about work? You said you were gonna make me work so I could get money and all that?" Gator asked as he looked over at Hopper who sighs and he nods his head.

"Oh, yeah, you're still going to get a job in that regard for sure, you just need to focus on getting better first, then we'll move on to you eventually getting that job I promised you.." Hopper states in a low voice so Gator can tell that he was gonna have to get a job regardless.

"The one where I'm slinging fucking ice cream?" Gator asked as his nose crinkles in distaste which makes Hopper laugh out loud as he nods his head and Ezrae and McKenzie laugh too.

"Yeah, that one" Hopper says before heading back into the kitchen area. "Our big brother, the ice cream captain" McKenzie says laughing, "Gator the ice cream slinger" Ezrae says as they laugh harder as Gator rolls his eyes at them.

"How'd I manage to go from a deputy in Dakota to a fucking ice cream slinger is beyond me" Gator says with a scoff.

"Yeah, I honestly think that it's a little bit of a step down myself but hey, you gotta make money somehow, Kid. And I can't have you at the station, you know that" Hopper tells him firmly to get his point across.

"Thanks, Daddy" Gator jokes with a laugh.

Hopper smiles and he scoffs when Gator calls him that, "Ah, you still can't help but be such a smartass, Kid"

"You'd miss it too much" Gator says cockily making all three of them laugh before Hopper speaks again,

"Okay, you know what, I guess you actually got me on that one, you're right, I probably would, Kid"