[ 050 ] - Just Like Old Times.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - Roy, Munch, implied physical/verbal/emotional abuse..

·—★—·

Nadine waited for Gator to step outside before she got him to stand by a tree out of earshot of everybody and then she spoke to him, "Steve, it's a nice name.." as Gator just simply looked at the floor.

"Look at me.. Steve" Nadine stated lightly as she crossed her arms which made Gator look up at her reluctantly as he sighed.

Nadine looked at Gator for a moment as she sighed and then said "You have no idea how long I've been looking for you.." which caught Gator's attention.

"The whole year? I left a year ago, Nadine. I didn't wanna be found. Just like how you ran away years ago" Gator said as he ran a hand through his hair as Nadine sighed for a moment until she continued to speak, "I didn't want to run away...I had to!" She argued as Gator nodded before saying a simple "I know".

Nadine narrowed her eyes at Gator for a moment as she spoke, "You're still a brat.." which makes Gator give her a glare before rolling his eyes and crossing his arms in annoyance.

Nadine didn't even give Gator a glance as she placed her hands on her hips now before speaking again, "I was hoping that at some point in time..you would've matured a little bit..".

"Ya know I'd never do that" Gator states in his normal midwestern accent, feeling no need to hide himself with just her in earshot.

"Still a brat." Nadine said plainly as she looked at Gator before she narrowed her eyes and spoke in a more firm tone, "And how long have you been lying to El?"

"Never. She knows who I am. Can fucking enter my mind like some badass and see my memories if she wants" Gator chuckles.

Nadine narrowed her eyes further at Gator as she spoke to him, "She knows the truth? So I'm assuming the rest of them don't know?".

"Only some do. Hopper does an' the Byers do. Barb did but she ain't 'round anymore and Billy and Max know cause they lived in Dakota for a bit too" Gator says looking up at Nadine as if to take the sight of her in.

It's been too long, that's what he told himself.

Nadine stayed silent for a moment as she looked at Gator before she shook her head and spoke "And you never told any of the rest of them?". "Nah. Wanted to keep 'em safe. Somehow, I guess" Gator says as he uses his fingers to scratch gently at the tree.

Nadine sighed for a moment as she looked at Gator, "You know I can't let you go back in there and keep living as 'Steve' now?" She asks before Gator shoots back "I can't exactly be Gator Tillman, Nadine."