[ 079 ] - The Week Is Long.

—★—·

—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter -  the Russians, nazi mention..

—★—·

"We've got our first sentence" Robin says as she slides the counter doors open as Gator was stood at the shop counter surviving customers. "Oh, Shit. Seriously?" Gator asked as he turned to Robin as he held two strawberry ice creams in his hands.

"Yeah. 'The week is long" Robin tells him using a fake Russian accent that Gator scoffs at, "Well, that's fucking thrilling" he tells her. "I know. But, progress" Robin says before shutting the doors on him as Gator sighs and turns back around.

"Okay, here you go, you got a strawberry and then a vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream" Gator says as he hands them to Max and El who both say a quick "Thanks".

"Wait a second, Little Rebel, Little Red. Are you even allowed to be here?" Gator asks El even though he already knows the answer as El and Max look at each other before laughing.

"We wanted to to go shopping, to see if Sixteen and Seventeen wanted to join us" El tells him slowly as Gator nods slowly. "Alright, they should be in one of the shoe shops. Just be safe" Gator tells them before they run out the shop with they're ice creams.

"That.. okay. So I might get killed by Dad, great" Gator says to himself, making a mental note of staying out of Hopper's way as much as possible.

—★—·

"The week is long, the silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west" Dustin, Robin and Gator all read the now uncoded code off Robins white board in confusion before leaving the shop as Gator shuts the shutter.

"I mean, it's just.. it just can't be right" Gator states as he locks the shutter in place before following the other two. "It's right" Robin states before Dustin adds, "Honestly, I think it's great news"

"How the holy fuck is this great news? I mean, so much for being American heroes. It's total bullshit" Gator states as they start walking through the after hours mall. "It's not nonsense. It's too specific. Its obviously a code" Dustin tells them.

"What do you mean, a code, dipshit?" Gator asks as he stretches his arms while they walk. "Like a super secret spy code" Dustin shoots back instantly as Gator rolls his eyes and shoots back, "That is fucking Bullshit".

"I don't know, is it? Listen, just for kicks, let's entertain the possibility that is is a secret Russian transmission. What'd you think they were gonna say, 'Fire the warhead at noon'? And my translation is correct. I know that for sure, so.. 'the silver cat feeds' why would anyone talk like that unless they're trying to mask the meaning of their message? And why would anyone mask the true meaning of their message unless the message was somehow sensitive? So I guess that confirms your suspicion" Robin explains as Gator listens to her, admiring how smart she is.

"Evil Russians" Dustin states. "The Nazis" Gator stayed as they both frowned at him.

"I can't believe I'm about to agree with this strange child, but yeah, totally evil Russians" Robin says as Gator just listens while they walk.

"So how do we crack it?" Dustin asks with intrigue. "Well, I guess we translate the rest and hopefully a pattern emerges" Robin suggests and instantly Dustin replies, "A pattern. Right, like maybe 'Silver cat' is a meeting place?", "or a person", "or a weapon", "it's probably gonna take a super genius to crack it, but-" Dustin and Robin keep talking as Gator stops walking and stands next to one of the mechanical kids rides.

"Hey, Dingus. What are you doing?" Robin calls over to him as he looks at them with a small smile, "it's uh, it's a quarter. I need- Do you have a quarter?" Gator asks them as they head over to him. "Sure you're tall enough for that ride?" Robin asks mockingly.

Gator inserts the money into the machine as Gator crouches on the floor next to the ride. "Need help getting up, Baby Alligator?" Robin asks sarcastically but in a soft tone as 'Daisy Bell' starts playing through the machine as Gator tells them to shut up, "Would you two just shut the fuck up and listen?"

"Holy shit. The music. The music!" Dustin says as he grabs the tape out of his bag and starts playing it. "I don't understand" Robin tells them with a frown. "It's the exact same song on the recording" Dustin states before Gator speaks slowly as he stares at the machine horse,

"This code, it.. didn't come from Russia. It came from right here"