[ 017 ] - Motherly Embrace.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - guns, death, corpses, implied physical/emotional/verbal abuse, slight babying (dunno if it counts tho)..

·—★—·

Soon Gator was thrown back into the passenger seat as the group made their way towards the middle school,

Apparently Eleven needed a fuck ton of salt to be able to use her powers to find where Will was and see if he was alive,

And also find where Barb's body was, Gator believed she was still in the Harringtons- His- pool but who knows what the creature or vines did to her when they practically kicked him out of this Upside Down place.

And Gator was definitely not going to confront either about it.

That's for sure.

The group split up and Gator was left with Jonathan and Hopper as the guilt that Gator felt was radiating from deep within his skin.

"Hey, uh, Jon- athan.. uh-" Gator started trying to think of the words as Jonathan stood and looked at him, took in the damage he gave to Gator and nodded for him to continue.

"I'm sorry, 'bout the camera, what I said 'bout you and your family.. everything really.. and I'm not 'specting you to forgive me 'cause fuck I wouldn't forgive me, I'm a shit person and always have been, but.. I'm like real sorry, 'kay?" Gator rushed out in the American accent hoping to god or whoever that it made any sense to the Byers boy.

"It's, cool" Jonathan said slowly, Gator knew better though, he knew it wasn't okay,

Hell, his face was currently the proof that his actions and words weren't okay but he wasn't going to fight Jonathan,

Not again anyway.

Gator felt the pat on his shoulder from Hopper and he nodded simply before leaving Jonathan to it and focusing back on helping them move the bags of salt.

"Even if we find Will in there, what are we gonna do about that thing?" Jonathan asked and Gator gulped because he really didn't want to face the creature or the vines again,

But life never went his way before so why should it now?

"We aren't going to do anything. I don't want you anywhere near this, all right? Your mum's been through enough already" Hopper stayed firmly to Jonathan who gave off a look that he was offended by the words.

"He's my brother" Jonathan tried to argue but Hopper quickly shut it down. "Listen to me. I'm gonna find him. All right? You gotta trust me on this. I am going to find him." Hopper said firmly again as he held Jonathan's shoulder and Gator had to look away to catch a breath.