Chapter 31

Getting into the elevator, my bag hanging loosely at my side, I push my floor number. On my way up then I pull out the small silver key from my pocket to admire it.

"Sorry Stark, maybe next time."

---

"So? How did it go?"

Yea, remember that thing I said about finding an assistant? I mean, help? Definitely wasn't expecting the fallen god to be the one. But hey, he's not as dull as my other options. That and he's obviously the outcast of the group which means he can help without being noticed. He's alright company too I suppose. Us outcasts have to stick together.

He stops pacing when I open the door and he looks at me, eyebrow raised.

"Well," I pull out the silver key grinning, "I'd say pretty good all things considering."

He mirrors my expression and clasps his hands together.

"Well done. Let's pop these off then."

"Well, that's the thing. This key won't actually take the bands off, it just lessens them. But I figured I can loosen them up enough to open them myself anyway."

"Are you sure about that? That sounds quite painful and who knows how they even work." He frowns.

"I do. Stark likes to talk. Especially after batting my eyelashes a bit." He rolls his eyes. "I think I can tighten the internal tubing enough to shut down the surges completely, where it gets a little sketchy is these needles. I'm just gonna have to rip them out."

"Surely there's a far more delicate approach to this?"

"I don't think so Lokes. It's all good though. I've dealt with plenty of needles in my lifetime." I'm not sure if his not expression was because of the nickname or my odd attempt at reassurance.

After explaining my plan, I sit down on the edge of my bed facing the door like before while Loki stands close in front of me to watch.

I take a breath finally before I begin. With my dominant hand I insert the key in the first prong on the underside of my opposite wrist and begin twisting. With each rotation I can feel the tubes loosening, the uncomfortable pinching followed by a few painful gasps here and there as they were still sore from Tonys tightening.

I do this slowly until my whole wrist is done and I can start on the other. When I go to do so however, my hand trembles deeming me unable to insert the key properly. My frustration only makes it worse and by me being so quickly overwhelmed, my veins feel hot as the begin to glow like before.

A shadow then falls over me as Loki squat down in front. His hand goes under my still bound wrist then gently. I don't pull away and instead look up to see his other hand held out. I sigh in defeat before placing the key in his palm and I shut my eyes tight before he begins. He keeps his touch to a minimum, and very light if necessary. Each time I wince he makes sure to stop and ask if I'm alright before continuing. 

I walk him through it till finally, I feel all of my power rush through me all at once. My veins regain their purple glow and I'm sure it reaches my eyes as my head shoots back. It's as if all of my senses were suddenly on ten. I could here and feel my blood pumping through me. My heart pounding, I have to act fast before the adrenaline ends. I close my eyes tightly and Loki steps back when I put my hands out palms up. 

Telekinesis is a power difficult to explain simply because of its complex workings. There are so many ways to manipulate such a power but the most default method comes naturally. It is treating the power as if it is a tool. Like breathing. Whereas what I must do now in order to safely remove these bracelets is another matter entirely. Instead using the power from within. As if it's truly part of me. Like a lung.