Chapter 11

Before I can talk myself out of it, I put on my black skirt and turtleneck, grab my bag and make my way down the fire escape. No turning back now.

Tony's POV (Wednesday)

"Tony, I couldn't get a location. Her software was untraceable." Bruce said with a sigh.

"Don't stress about it Bruce. She went offline anyway."

"I gotta say though, this girl is good."

"She has to be. It's how she survives."

After the conversation dies down between the two of us, we get a call from Fury telling us to get ready for another meeting. A few minutes later, the team walks in.

"Anybody know what this is all about?"

"Nope. We haven't gotten any leads so it's not that." Clint says as he and the group take their seats.

"What about you guys? Get anything?" Nat asks from beside him.

Banner and I give each other a knowing look and pull up the messages from Cheshire over the monitor in front.

"Actually, yes. She reached out to me personally claiming she was bored just a few minutes before you got here." I state quite proudly I might add. They all go over the messages and I receive a few disapproving looks.

"You idiot." I hear with some heads hung low.

"What? It's better than what anyone else has come up with."

"Tony, you realize that you have just told her everything that we know about her? Wich isn't much anyway, but enough for her to know how to cover her tracks even better. If we scare her off, we have no way of gaining her trust." Nat explains carefully.

"This is indeed true; however, Mr. Stark has confirmed information from her as well. Before, her name was only a guess along with her associations in the Hydra bombings." Vision defends on my behalf.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but he has a point." Bucky agrees.

"See!"

"Yes, he does, but what I want confirmation on is where she is."

Great.

"I assume you were unable to track her?" Nick asks as he comes around to the head of the table with Maria at his side.

"Nope." Banner says nervously from my side.

"Well then it's a good thing I have gotten you even more help."

Suddenly, the door behind Fury opens and Thor walks in with a giant grin plastered across his face.

"Friends! It is so good to see you all again!" We all get up to greet him with hugs and handshakes and then he goes to stand by Fury.

"As you all know, after Thor and Loki returned Dr. Banner here, they went off to find a place for New Asgard to relocate. They were unsuccessful and instead decided to settle here on earth with the help of SHIELD. I have called you here because during that time Thor and I have been discussing Loki's growth. Long story short, from now on Loki will be living here and assisting with missions." Nick explains this and then all hell breaks loose.

"My friends please, I understand your anger with him. But I can assure you, he wants to do good in his heart. He cares about our people and I'm sure he can care about Midgard just the same. He has more than proved himself since his last visit that he has changed. I've seen it firsthand, and I trust him. Now I am asking that you trust me."

"Thor, it's not you we don't trust it's him. People don't change that much."

"That's a broad statement coming from you Steve. Or any of us. We all came into this looking to change ourselves for the better. We've all done things we aren't proud of. Who are we to turn him away for the same thing?"

"Nat's right. Besides, It's Fury's call and it seems like he has already made his decision." Rhode chimes in.

"Yes, Rhodes I have. Loki and Thor will be moving into the tower and helping with the Cheshire Mission so they will both need filled in as soon as possible."

"Fine. Hey Thor, where is Reindeer Games anyway?" And just as I ask, Loki appears already in a chair at the table next to Thor.

"Great. Now, it's been three days now, she has to come out at some point so all we can do is keep looking." Fury concludes and we all prepare to leave when Loki says something.

"If I may, three days you've been looking for this girl?"

"Yes, and your point?"

"Well, if I where her I would wait as long as I could until I knew it was safe to go out in the open."

"You're saying we should just stop looking and wait for her to show up?" Sam asks confused

"No, Loki's right. The best thing we can do right is stay under the radar. Wait here and watch for any sign of her and then we attack." Nat clarifies.

"Alright then, new plan. But I want to know as soon as you find her." Nick says hesitantly and we all leave the room.

"See! That wasn't so bad. Well-done brother." Thor says to Loki, and he smiles.