Chapter 28

Bam.. Bam

"Again."

BAM!

"Again!"

"C'mon Wade, I'm tired!" The girl throws her head back, turning away from the punching bag and to the man at her side while whining. Her bloodied bound fists now hanging lazily at her sides.

"Well fight through it! If you want to come with me on my next outing you've got to earn it." Wade now says from the bench with his feet propped up and arms crossed.

"I blew up a Hydra facility Wade, what more could you want from me?" This time she rolls her eyes as she pouts.

"Yes, but that was with your powers. What if you're in a position where you can't use them, or run out of fuel? You rely too much on them just like Hydra did. You've gotta work on your combat." He shakes his head sitting up with his legs spread and arms resting on his knees.

"Look at me. You really expect me to be a fighter?" She says motioning over her small frame further emphasized by her baggy black sweatpants and lose crop top.

"Hey, you may not have the muscle, but you do have the brains. It's all about strategy. Just like with your powers. Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your opponents. Yes, yours is obvious, but being underestimated gives you the upper hand." He stands up now walking toward her. "Think of it this way. I'm big, your small. My goal is going to be to overpower you physically. Whether that's cornering you, pinning you, headlock, whatever. Knowing that, you can use your size to your advantage. You're quick. Slippery. Your goal will always be defense until you are one hundred percent positive you've reached checkmate. Got it?"

"I guess."

"Now c'mon, again."

---

Again..

BAM-BAM

Again...

I don't even remember how long I've been here. But I can't stop. Not until I physically can't anymore. And even then, I'm not sure if I could stop. If I did the thoughts would overflow again. It was like my mind and body were numb. My senses and feeling completely blocked off. Even my powers. Silence. 

"What in Odin's name are you doing?"

Silence.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Silence.

"Hello? Are you deaf?"

I sigh loudly un annoyance, spinning around slowly from the punching bag, not bothering to hide my fury and glare at the person who dared to disturb my peace. I impatiently wait for an excuse to their bothering and when I am met with nothing but a raised brow, I take a breath before cooly asking, 

"What do you want Loki?" He then walks deeper into the gym, arms crossed, casual attire from a day spent lounging in the library, looking every bit amused as if my anger was some kind of joke.

"It's almost eleven o'clock. You missed dinner. Natasha went to get you and said you were tired from today. What are you doing in here?" He counts off stopping still a few feet away from me.

"What's it looks like I'm doing?" I retort, putting my fists up.

"So, evidently you weren't that tired. And you've been in here a while, you're bleeding." His amusement changes to slight concern at further inspection of my gesture.