Chapter 23

"Alright, fine. Sounds just peachy keen buttercup. Just call me if you need anything else. And be safe."

"I will. Bye-bye Wade."

"Bye-bye Mittens."

3rd Person POV

riiiiiiiing...riiiiiiiiiing...riii-"Hello?"

"... Goodman...long time no talk."

"Hasn't been much of a reason to. We both got what we wanted... Right?"

"Oh, of course. Seems like forever ago by now. Which is why I know you're not going back on our little deal. Surely you remember what I am capable of."

"What are you talking about? I haven't seen her since the day I gave her to you. Wait.. what happened? Why are you calling me? Part of the deal was that I got out!"

"Watch your tone with me!...There's been a complication..she's escaped. And until I get her back, your unemployment will be put on pause."

"What! No, please, Peirce, she's not here, I swear!"

"I know I know, she's here. In New York. We've been looking for her for 6 months now and nothing. Until the other day, one of my other former employees called saying she had contacted him. She slipped. And no matter how many agents I send out, none of them could compare to my most trustworthy soldier. So, what do you say sergent? Up for a little father daughter reunion?"

Cheshire's POV

After breakfast ended, everyone pretty much went their separate ways, most working in the training room. I obviously remained in my room during this time after calling Wade as I recalled his warning repeatedly in my head.

"So... he's finally put a bounty on us, huh?"

"It would appear so. It's not exactly surprising after we let Pickerton go."

"We didn't let him go. It wasn't our fault we were taken."

"It is literally all our fault. We knew they were looking for us, and I told you we should have stayed at the theater!"

"Would you have rathered we did nothing and drive ourselves insane?"

"It doesn't matter. We knew the risks. We've been so careful. We let that all go, and for what? Pride? Is that really why we're in this mess?"

"It doesn't matter now. We're stuck and here, and there's not much we can do about it. All we can do is keep or promise to Wade and wait for him. We'll get through this. We always do."

"Jesus Christ, will you stop saying that? And since when has anybody done anything for us, huh?"

"Wow. So what, we escape and abandon Wade now? The one who helped us get over Hydra?"

"Don't do that. Don't make me feel bad for not trusting Wade when we did the same thing to Bucky."

"Bucky did betray us. He's with them now. Wade is just like us. And who are we to punish him for something he hasn't done yet? With that logic, you might as well be a Hydra Agent. Or even worse, an Avenger."

"Just... SHUT UP!!"

Riiiiiiiing...riiiiiiiiiing

Steve's phone begins ringing from beside me, breaking my trance. I flinch at the abrubtness and quickly hang it up before anyone hears. It was an unsaved number anyway, so it probably wasn't important. None the less, I totally forgot I had it. So, I decide to return it now while everyone is distracted. Hopefully he hasn't realized by now that it's gone.