Chapter 25

A month. Final offer, no more, no less."

"Fine. You have a deal, Director. Hopefully, for real this time."

Cheshire's POV

After our meeting yesterday with Nick, we all got the rest of the day off. We also get to skip out on training today and tomorrow, and then we don't train on the weekends, which I am incredibly grateful for. Some have been awfully whiney about it, whereas the others feel the same as I. I'm sure you can guess who fit into said categories. Honestly, I think it's just because they don't have anything better to do.

Anyways, after Fury left, things have been.. well... odd. To say the least. The day went on as normal. I attended lunch and dinner without arguing. But everyone else was just weird. Though I still had no interest in striking up conversation with them, they had begun testing the waters. Not invasively. No, simply small talk from here and there. It was definitely still awkward and a bit clumsy. 

I'm not an idiot. Obviously. I don't have to read anyone's mind to know that nobody wants me here. I understand the extent of what I did to them, but I'm not sorry. After all, none of them were ever sorry about what they did to me. I told Fury before that this wouldn't work. I don't trust them, and they don't trust me. which is how I know that everything they said in there was just a performance. Fake. Lies. Just some fucking heroes doing what they can to make them look good. Even if it's to pretend to care about some tortured teenager.

Now that Furys gone, they don't know what to do with me. The team knowing about our deal was a secret I intended on keeping for obvious reasons. But go figure, Sir Nocholas had to go open his big mouth like the sadist he is. That's part of the reason I've been so "well behaved". Now they know I chose to stay here. They think I need them and now they're going to hold it over my head and taunt me with fake freedom like a damn dog. 

How could we let this happen? How did we lose our grip on the situation so badly? Now they have the upper hand. As soon as the opprotunity arrises for them to use it, they will. Why wouldn't they?

But I'm not going to give them that opportunity. I can still fix this. I just need to play it by ear. I reacted irrationally before. Granted I didn't know about the bounty hunter when I first tried to escape until I called Wade. And I don't think Fury found out until just recently. He would have said something when making our deal. I wonder if it's getting worse. I hate relying on other people, but I trust Wade. I do. I just have to endure these assholes a little while longer until he can safely come and get me.

As for the team's new attitudes towards me, I think that's just them trying to figure me out. They're trying to trick me into thinking they're on my side so they can get information out of me about Hydra or my powers. Then once they have what they need they'll either use my like hydra or kill me on the spot. But I won't fall for it. And I'm a damn good actress.

I would also like to clarify that this is not me being paranoid. I know what they're thinking. No, literally. I mean, I refuse to actually read their minds, but I can still feel what they're feeling. Their emotions. Hell pushing their thoughts out is painful enough. Especially consider how fucking loud they are. Emotions are a lot too, but at least I know I'm right. Then again, when am I not.

I could feel it during the meeting and even after as all of them were leaving. Each glare and gaze dripping with fake pity. I don't even remember how long I sat there just to try and regain my thoughts and separate my feelings from theirs. It's exhausting. and tedious. Go figure the power I want muted the most isn't affected by these oh so impressive power suppressers in the slightest.

-.-.-

"Listen well my little mouse. This gift of yours though indeed beautiful, is also dangerous. Wich is why from now on you must promise me to keep it to yourself alone. You mustn't mention it with anyone. Not even daddy. Especially not daddy. Understood?"