Chapter 26

"I'm observant, remember?" And with that, he leaves.

Cheshire's POV

"Knock-Knock rise and shine sleepy delinquent!" The red head barges in awakening me from my much-needed beauty sleep.

"Ughmf... what time is it?" I ask muffled by my pillow as I pull it over my head.

"Noon. Way past time for you to wake up. However, I figured you could use the extra sleep and I felt like being nice today. But now you need to get ready." By now she had made her way to my bedside and has rudely yanked my blankets from my body in a heap on the floor below. I stubbornly stay in bed and pull my legs to my chest for warmth.

"Do I though?"

"Unless you'd prefer Tony's Stark Industries merch than yes."

Shit. I forgot that was today. And unfortunately, she does have a point.

"Fine! I'm up. I'll be out in a minute." I sigh in defeat slowly rising to the bathroom.

"Great. I'll leave some clothes for you on the bed before you get out of the shower." And before I could protest, she's out the door.

Alone at last.

Before getting into the shower, I look at myself in the mirror and am faced with the mess that comes with an extra five or so hours of sleep. Let's just say it's not pretty.

True to Nat's word, once I was done, I was met with a fresh pair of clothes laid out on my bed. this consisted of the typical underwear and sports bra I had been wearing with a simple ACDC band tee a black zip up and some jeans all of with were about three sizes too big for me. I figured these were Natashas as she's quite a bit taller than me. Nonetheless I got dressed switching out the jeans for my black skirt and boots.

After I was dressed, I made my way to the kitchen where Tony was making coffee and eating a mouthwatering blueberry muffin.

"Would you like a muffin?" Apparently, I had been staring a bit too long as I have stopped in the middle of peeling my banana to ogle at his muffin. My face flushes and I quickly look away noticing his smirk.

"It's ok. You could just ask you know? Here. Anything else?" He says simply handing me a muffin on a paper towel as I take a seat at the bar in front of him on the other side.

I'm sure to him I was being ridiculous, but asking for just about anything form anyone was still such a foreign concept to me. Even after living with Wade, it's still hard. Granted he did manage to help a lot. Before I would practically ask to breath.

"Well, um.. do you have any tea?" I ask awkwardly.

"As a matter of fact, we do! Obviously, most of us drink coffee, but since Loki moved in, we've had to have a stock designated. Must be the British in him. I guess it's kind of ironic you would like tea too though huh?" He chuckles at his epiphany while preparing the kennel and fetching the tea from its cabinet.

I roll my eyes but can't help smile at his childish realization.

"Wow! Was that a real smile I just saw?" He points.

"Oh, shove off." I bite replacing the grin with my traditional glare.

"Gosh sweet and innocent one minute than back to that cruel and menacing look the next. Reminds me of someone I know." He backs of as the kettle begins whistling. Then a flash of green light emits on my right where a casual looking Loki appears taking a seat one away from me.

"Speak of the devil."

"I heard tea. Who in Odin's name is drinking my-" He stops his whiny bickering once his eyes finally turn and land on me.