Chapter 14

Sure enough, the Avengers had found me. This time however, I would have to get through all of them.

Cheshire's POV

Looking around at the group of hero wannabes, I start strategizing based on who all is there.

Ok. There's Steve, Tony, Thor, Natasha, Clint, Wanda, Pietro, Falcon guy, and another dude in green with long black hair.

Steve- Go for the feet. (Simple enough considering we've beat him twice now.) Tony- Shut down the suit. (I've got just the thing in my bag.) Thor- (I've never had to fight him before so I'm not totally sure. At least he doesn't have his hammer.) Natasha- Avoid. (Our fighting style is the same and I'm pretty sure she has no weaknesses. I'll fight her one on one if I have to, but I can't let her distract me from the others.) Clint- Same thing as last time. (Plus, I already know where he is.) Wanda- Get to Pietro. (If I can get in her head, she'll be distracted, and I won't have to worry about her.) Pietro- Teleport. (It's even faster than he is.) Falcon- Shut down his flight suit. AKA wings. (Same device for Tony's suit) And for the last guy, well I'll be wary but he doesn't seem like he even wants to be here so I should be fine.

As I'm deep in thought, Spangles steps up and starts talking.

"Alright kid, this game of yours ends now. This is your last chance. We don't want to hurt you but if you don't come with us willingly, then I'm afraid we will have to take you. We aren't your enemy. We can help you. You just have to help us do that." This, I laugh at.

"Help me? You can't even catch me, and you think you're qualified to help me? Well, perhaps I'm giving myself too much credit. Or maybe I'm right. I did beat the one and only Avengers! God, you guys are really cocky." I say giggling but slightly irritated as I slowly start walking toward Steve with my hands still behind my back. "I mean, you guys try so hard to be the amazing heroes that everyone thinks you are, but what about all of those people affected by your arrogance? All that destruction trying to save the world. Lives lost. All because a bunch of people told you you were special. Well, you know what I think. I think you're pathetic." I finish with a devious grin stopping right in front Steve. I look around at them all glaring at me and some with their heads hung low. Guilt and shame flashing through their eyes and I look back at Steve who's stare never faltered. "Aww. Have I struck a nerve?" I then catch a glimpse of the mysterious man smirk and I go invisible.

"Everyone splits up into teams of two. Remember, stick to the plan. Find her and be careful. Go!"

With that I teleport up to the window I heard Barton in. It's a small, abandoned apartment and all of the lights are out. I walk deeper into the apartment and begin looking for Clint.

Alright Chesh, let's be smart about this, this guy has been up here for who knows how long, and he is a trained assassin who specializes in weaponry. Waiting for an attack would be too easy. A trap, however, would put me right where they want me.

Taking in this new information I stop dead in my tracks and sure enough my foot brushes a string of fishing line across the bottom of the doorway. I pull my foot away and laugh as I step over it.

"Wow Bart, I know you're ancient and all, but really? The old fishing line to trigger trick. That's like the oldest rick in the book." I say out into the darkness at Clint. "Unfortunately, though, it's going to take a little more than that to trick me."

Suddenly, I hear another click behind me. I feel a slight tug on my hood, and I turn to see a line leading up to a crossbow across the room on a banister above. I quickly duck and a dart is shot at the wall I was standing. This distracts me and I don't hear Clint enter the room.

"Well, you know what they say..." Just when I turn, he pushes me to the wall and continues. "...You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

Then reaching behind him he grabs a dart and aims for me. I duck again and he hits the wall missing me. I craw under his legs and very skillfully take the dart arrows out of his bag and toss them out the window which regains his attention.

"Alright. Have it your way. Good old-fashioned hand to hand."

Before he can respond, I take a quick jab to his abdomen. He grabs my wrist and twists me back, but I headbutt him in the nose. His attempted recovery is quickly diminished when I knew him in the groin sending him to the ground. Then I take one if the darts from the wall and prepare to drive it into Clints neck. My actions are interrupted when I hear Natasha's voice over his com and the doorknob twist.

"Clint, I'm coming in. Do you have her?" She says with a hushed voice over the come, although I can clearly hear her through the door.

"Oh yea, I've got her." He replies keeping eye contact.

The door then creaks open, and Clint takes advantage of my hesitation by pushing me back across the room and onto a table with the arrow he grabbed from my hand aimed back at me. I grab both of his wrists and try to pushing him away. This fails and my legs are trapped between him and the table.

Come on Chesh, think!

Ok, I have an idea, but I'll have to be careful facing the rest of them considering how much energy this is going to take out of me.

I muster up my power and I catch a glimpse of the fear in Clint's eyes as mine change from blue and green to a glowing purple. Then, I throw him across the room with my telekinesis knocking him out. I go to sit up and am met by a gun aimed at my head with Natasha at the other end.

"What did you do to him?"