Chapter 12

"See! That wasn't so bad. Well-done brother." Thor says to Loki, and he smiles.

Cheshire's POV

So far, I've only been walking for about two minutes which isn't calming my nerves at all because the store is quite a few blocks away. I only know of one route at the moment since I don't know the area that well yet. I would normally just look up a map, but I was in a hurry and left my laptop at home. I still have my bag with me of course, but nothing to help me out at the moment. It's not like I have a phone.

Anyways, no sign of the Avengers or SHIELD so that's good. I'm being very cautious still because you never know. The heightened senses definitely help. In fact, my thoughts are put on pause when a few yards behind me, a hear someone lightly whistling "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story and I immediately turn around.

No way... what is he doing here!

He hasn't noticed me yet, so I step into an alley and wait for him to walk by. Once he does, I walk up behind him and put my hands over his eyes, and he tenses slightly.

"Guess who?" I ask and he relaxes at the recognition of my voice.

"Hmm... can I have a hint?" He responds seriously.

"Only the most attractive and badass best friend in the world." I retort with a proud grin.

"Blind Al?" My smile then drops, and I smack him in the back of the head.

"Ow!" He yelps turning to face me. "MITTENS!!!

"WADE!!!" We yell with enthusiasm and greet each other with a big hug.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were staying in Missouri to take a break from everything."

"Yeah, well as fun as it was dismembering worthless criminals, I really missed the sweet smell of pollution and sweaty road ragers. Besides, I told you I'd show you the city remember? Figured I could help you with your whole Hydra Mission thing. I've been looking for you everywhere and with the Avengers being the creepy stalkers they are, I've had to lay low."

"Same. Probably even more so considering the number of run-ins I've had with them in the past two weeks. They are extremely annoying."

"Wow wow wow, you've run into them? Oh my god, tell me everything!"

And I did. I told him about everything that has happened since I last seen him in Missouri. Wade and I met after I escaped. He helped me get back on my feet since he was staying there for a while after his girlfriend died. We were there for each other at a vulnerable time in both of our lives. Plus, we have similar coping mechanisms. Homicidal rage.

He even taught me a bit about pop culture since I hadn't seen the outside of a cell for seven years. A lot of it consisted of musicals which we both love. Our least favorite is West Side Story, so we make fun of it a lot. We have a lot of inside jokes like that. I guess's just our thing. The great thing about Wade is that he never oversteps. He's also very funny and totally badass, so we have a lot in common.

"Wait, you stabbed Captain America in the leg!? Oh, you have done well young padawan. Seriously that is all very impressive, however, now you have SHIELD, Hydra, AND the Avengers after you? What are you going to do?" He reminds me with a small hint of concern.

"Well, I've already stayed here longer than I intended to, but it would be really difficult to try and leave now with everything. Not to mention I haven't found this next base yet. I'm so close! I just need everyone to leave me alone so I can do my job and get to Vermont as soon as possible."

"I haven't seen any Avengers flying around recently. Have you been able to get anymore leads?"

"No. I want to be completely sure they're off my tail before I do anything like that. I haven't been out since Monday. I'm only out now because I'm out of food. Unfortunately, the store is pretty far from my place so it's a long walk."

"Oh, well why didn't you just say so? I know a shortcut come on."

Before I say anything else, he's already grabbed my arm and drags me through the alleys to the store.

"And voila! We're here. And you're welcome."

"Thanks Willy. I know you hate shopping so you can wait out here if you want. I'll only be a minute."

"Sure, I'm actually supposed to meet with an old friend of mine. He's just a few roads down so that's fine."

"Ok cool. Be careful."

"Always Mittens. You too."

And with that, Wade leaves, and I go inside.