Chapter 24

Without saying anything else, I turn around and go back to my room. As soon as I shut the door, I sink to the floor, and the only thing that can be heard is the sound of my abandonment and regret in the form of aching sobs and cheekstaining tears.

Loki's POV

I awake this morning feeling slightly... hopeful for the Cheshire girls' attendance to breakfast as yesterdays was so eventful. It was quite entertaining watching someone put the oaf in his place. Well, other than Stark of course.

Currently I am on my way down to the dining room and I can already smell the hint of maple syrup. Wich can only mean one thing. Pancakes. One of Midgards few genius ideas. Thor seems to prefer those flavored tarts, but like usual, he couldnt be more wrong.

Anyway, as I walk in, everyone is doing what they do every morning wich tends to be either watching the news or the cartoon of the running bird and cayotee on the television (Curtecy of Pietro and Clint), or conversing with one another at the table as tje food is being made. Thankful the little witch is cooking this morning so the chances of being poisoned are far slimmer than usual. Luckily I also bring a book to keep me occupied and out of discussion. Though I have proven myself trustworthy to Thor, the others still do not quite share his sentiment. Wich is understandable but still. Not that I would risk losing braincells to talk to any of these lesser minded creatures.

Just when it does seen like everyone is accounted for, my ears perk up at the sound of the elevator dinging. I watch the girl come in unnoticed by the others. I make no point in acknowledging her to them nor in private, but alas she feels my gaze on her and locks eyes with mine as she approaches the side counter more carefully. I simply nod in reassurance of her privacy and she takes an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter with her tail and a banana with her hand peeling with the other keeping eye contact and unmoving from her position. Our silent conversation is soon interpreted however along with her flee back to her room as I assume she was not in the mood for a social meal by the Visions sudden burst from the kitchen clumsily carrying and attempting to set the china for breakfast. The Widow begins to step in hearing the clatter when Cheshire makes it first, catching a falling plate with her free hand and fast reflexes.