Chapter 2

Hacking the Avengers.

How many people get to say they've done that? And if it is anywhere near as easy as it was to get into SHEILD, this will be like taking candy from a baby.

Luckily, I don't have to go back to my place for anything because I take my bag with me everywhere and it has anything and everything I need. Everything except money for a ride that is. Of course, I pickpocket off of a few rich guys here and there, but it's still not enough once I've spent most of it on getting Hydra info off the streets and buying parts for new gadgets. Obviously, clothes and sanitary items I just steal. But hey, it's going to a good cause. Right?

Now I am walking to the Avengers compound and have already developed a beautiful plan to get me in and out unscathed.

I may not know what kind of security system this egghead has, but I'm sure I can use my invisibility and get passed any security cameras. My biggest concern is finding my way through that maze they call home. I'm hoping I won't even have to leave the first floor but if I need to, I can go through the vents and use my computer to look for an energy source to shut down security and get into their system. Oh yea... It's all coming together...

(BAM)

My thoughts were then rudely interrupted when I bumped into this tall woman with shoulder length red hair and a man with spikey blonde hair and a hearing aid.

"Woah, watch where you're going there kid."

"Sorry." I replied carelessly as they helped me up. And that's when I got a better look at their faces.

You have got to be shitting me... What a coincky dink!

"No problem. Just be careful next time." I nodded and realized they were looking at me oddly. It was almost as if... they had recognized me from somewhere.

Don't be ridiculous. No one has any idea who, or where you are. Stop being paranoid!

You're right, you're right. Paranoid. That's it.

"Welp, gotta go, bye!" I said quickly as I ran past them and everyone else on the streets.

If those two are here, that means if anything goes sideways, I won't have to deal with them while I'm in the compound. Or at least Natasha. She is definitely the one I'm most worried about. Even if my skill set is close to hers, I'd rather not have to fight her.

After a few minutes of walking, I take my last turn, and there it is. A tall skinny building stood in front of me with a huge symbol of an "A" on the side. Wich is so tacky by the way I mean, could they be any more conceded? Oh well.

I walk into in alleyway beside the compound so I can go invisible without anyone seeing and make my way into the building behind a group of businessmen. Immediately I scan the area and slightly panic. There are people everywhere. Looks like we're going with plan B. The vents.

At the end of a large hallway, I enter a bathroom, pop out the ceiling tile, and pull myself up.

"Okay baby, where are we going." I pull out my computer and headset which is connected to my AI, Alice.

"You are currently on the first floor in the northeast bathroom. In precisely thirty-four feet you will reach an intersection where you will turn right in order to reach a private elevator after another twenty feet."

After following Alice's instructions, I was in the elevator when she told me to go to the second to last top floor where Stark's lab, and FRIDAYS headquarters would be.

"Alice, who is FRIDAY?"

"FRIDAY is Mr. Starks personal AI. She controls everything in the building."

"Well, it's nothing we can't handle right Al?"

"Of course, Miss Cat. You are currently safe however a heat censor has made FRIDAY suspicious of your arrival."

"How do we shut her off without detection?"

"The quickest way to shut down FRIDAY would be to hack into her security data located in FRIDAY's HQ. After shutdown you have approximately five minutes before she is rebooted."

Damn. Well, it's been a while since I've been challenged. It'll be risky, but worth it once I'm out. Not to mention the fun of messing with Tony.

(Ding) The elevator opens, and I make my way to FRIDAYS brain. Heart? Whatever.

I don't hear anybody, but I decide to check just in case. Better safe than sorry.

"Alice, where is everyone?"

"I'm not sure. But there is currently no one on this floor." Good. "There is a large energy unit at the end of the hallway on your left." Bingo.

Once I get to the end of the hallway, I see a large metal door with a tablet on the side and no handle. It needs a fingerprint and a 4-digit code. Classic. Digging through my bag I grab some powder, tape and a brush. After I dab the powder on the screen, I take my tape and press on the thumbprint pattern. Once that's done, I take out my utensils and plug them into the tablet and my laptop. I watch as the numbers start turning and in less than five seconds a handle on the door pops out. I turn the handle and open the door to see a large table with holograms all over and one large blue cell in the middle connecting to them all.

"Alright Al, let's shut her down."

Walking over to the holograms, I notice a box on the wall with a bunch of wires and some tools on a table beside it. That should buy me some more time. I go put my laptop down beside the hologram and work my magic on FRIDAY's computer.

"Security systems, (Click) Down. Boom. No more locks, cameras, heat censors, you name it."

After I've shut FRIDAY down, I go over to the box and start pulling out the wires to get her up and running again. Now we should have at least a little longer than five minutes.

"Next stop, the lab! Alice? Lead the way."