°44°

She woke up to the sweet smell of pancakes.
She tossed and turned on the bed, naked. She was feeling good and drowsy, having gotten a long good eight hour sleep plus the first three hour of sleep she'd gotten the first time. She was refreshed. And she was craving a hug and kiss from her king.

She opened her eyes and stretched before sitting up. He wasn't in the room, she pouted.
She spotted a food trolley beside the bed. It had pancakes, orange juice, some bread and fruit.
Her stomach rumbled but she ignored the food. She wanted Kaden. She saw her purse on the bedside table and she took it to get her phone.
It was nine in the morning.
She had messages from Kira, Rachel and Joedi but she ignored them and called Kaden. She hoped he hadn't left her.
Why was she feeling so emotional this morning?

At the third ring, the door opened. He was smiling, holding his ringing phone.
She literally felt something heavy leave her chest as she saw him.

"Missed me so soon, amor?" He teased as he walked to the bed and sat close to her.

"I don't like waking up without you," she confessed and opened her arms for him to hug her.

"Sorry, Princesa, I had to check on something. I only left two minutes ago." He said as he hugged her and then he kissed her neck.

She hummed and broke the hug to kiss him.

The kiss was slow and soft, until she bit his lip and took his hand to cup her naked breast. He applied pressure and she moaned in the kiss. Their tongues danced sensually as they sucked their lips.
He broke the kiss with a curse.

"I have to be at work in thirty minutes, Princesa," he let go of her.

"What? Why?"

"Some important business I have to conclude."

"But it's a Saturday."

"I know. But it's really important."

She stared at him, tears pooling her eyes.

"Princesa..."

And then she sobbed. Literally.
He was shocked.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" he scooped her into his arms, carrying her like a baby.

"I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to be crying," she sniffed and wanted to clean her tears but he beat her to it. "I'm sorry."

"Shh, it's okay."

"I'm so emotional this morning. I don't know...I just thought we'd spend the day together and...I don't want you to leave."

It wasn't a reason to cry like a baby and she knew it, but she couldn't help it. She felt more attached to him after last night's exertions and she just wanted to cling to him for as long as she could.

"It's okay," he was smiling tenderly at her. He arranged her hair behind her ear. "I'll be back in four hours. I promise. And then you'll have me all to yourself for the rest of the day and throughout Sunday too. Okay?"

She nodded.
"I just...the last time you promised you were gonna be back...it didn't...you..."

"Nothing of that sort is going to happen ever again. I promise. I love you. The most."

"I love you," she sniffed and he kissed her lovingly.

"You made me breakfast," she broke the kiss.

"No. Nieves did. But I promise you lunch, okay?"

She nodded. "I'm hungry. Will you feed me before you leave? Please?"

"You didn't have to ask. Anything for you."
He loved this part of her. She was his to take care of. His princess. He adored her. Loved her more than anything else.