27 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℝ𝔼𝕍𝔼𝔸𝕃

She was silent throughout the ride to the mansion and when they got there, he offered to help her get down from the car but she only ignored him and got down herself, clutching her stitched stomach as she limped and winced.

Hernandez shook his head at her stubbornness and got down to help her, carrying the bag containing her drugs.
She let him help her up the stairs to her room.

In her room, there was silence, her seated on the bed and him watching her. Silently.

"You've surprised me today, Hermana. You stopped low. Seriously, suicide. And all for what? For someone that doesn't love you. . ."

"You will say no such thing, Hernandez. I suggest you leave. Whatever I do is my darn business and I am not a child."

"Certainly your words deny your actions."

"Get out of my room."

"You have to focus. We're trying to take down the Crowns. You can't act this foolish. I beg you."

"I've said it before that you should mind your goddamn business."

"You're my sister. . ."

The door opened slowly, interrupting Hernandez.

"Hey. I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Stormi's voice was low as she walked in, looking between sister and brother.

"Clearly people say that when they obviously interrupt people so why ask?" Rodney responded rudely.

"I'm sorry, I . . ."

"What the fuck are you doing here, Stormi?"

"I came to see Herny," she looked at Hernandez. "You told me up come over yesterday, but I can see my presence isn't needed now, so I'll leave."

"Excellent," Rodney chided.

"Carino," Hernandez ignored his sister and held his girlfriend as she was about to leave. "Please, don't go. I want you here," he kissed her forehead. "Rodney's not feeling well so let's give her space."

"Are you sure she's okay?" Stormi looked at Rodney and Hernandez adored the way she cared about them both even though Rodney was always a bitch to her. He liked that he could always have someone to reach out to for solace in the very crazy, bad, rough world they lived in.

"Two of you, out! For the love of anything that moves! Please!"

"Being bitter in pain doesn't solve anything."

And with that, they were gone. Giving her the desired space and breathing space she needed.

She got up from the bed, hating the pain she was feeling. She cursed.
By the dressing mirror, she looked at her reflection in the mirror.
She looked like piss.
Better still, shit.

Eyes swollen and red from the crying. The crying she had needed.
Face pale white.
Her golden brown eyes dull. The eyes she took from her mother.

Eloise Rooney alias - after marriage - Eloise Moretti.
She admired her mother wanting to have her own name and independence in business. Not mixing her personal life into professional life.
And she has followed that footstep of her dearest mother.

Star Rooney as the normal woman with an apartment, a gym worker, with a best friend and girlfriend as her family.

She pinched her cheek to add colour to it and ran her hand through her face and looked in the mirror again.

Yes, she was also, Rodney Estrella Moretti.
The cartel leader, a ruthless killer and a person who always gets what she wants.
No matter the cost.
No matter the circumstances.
No matter what.
Like four years ago.