*3*

Chapter dedicated to...Rita_Writes_
I LOVE HER BOOK.
After the Past.
It's a must-read.

.........

Jayda idly packed the tip on table 50 and shoved it into the pocket of her apron and then carried the tray of empty cups and plates.

Rachel watched as the absence-minded brunette carrying a tray, walked into the store room, instead of the kitchen.

She chuckled and shook her head. She waited for her to realize her self and come out of the store room which she did in the next 30 seconds.

"Why don't you just walk up the roof and drop the tray down," she teased

"Not funny," Jayda commented, "not funny," she said again.

"It has to be funny. You are so not in this world anymore. Where's your mind?"

"My mind is perfectly fitted in my brain. Thank you very much," Jayda retorted and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh now she's been sassy," Rachel commented.

When Rachel finally decided to follow her best friend into the kitchen, the said girl was sitter on the counter in silence.
Rachel sighed and then hopped on the counter beside Jayda.

"Are you ready to talk?" She asked Jayda.

"There's nothing to say, Rachel."

"Okay ...so ...have you spoken to Star today?"

"Yes. Maybe. We should have if she returned my calls."

"Oh so I guess that is what's making you walk into the store room for no good reason."
Jayda rolled her eyes and shoved her best friend and she returned the violent action with a hug.
They stayed that way and Jayda didn't know when she started letting out all the things in her mind.

"You know, I really thoughts Star and I had gone pass this stage of our relationship. I know sometimes... most of the times, she can really be a bitch, but I tolerate it, so why can't she tolerate me?"

"Yeah... but why did you pull away from her yesterday? You know I'm used to seeing those things and you ought not to be shy anymore, so why did you pull away?"

"What can I say?" Jayda shrugged. "Lately, I don't know why I do the things I do, but she... there is... I just... I don't know... something is.... God... How do I explain this? I've just been feeling an impulsive urge to push everybody away. Even her... and I never push her away but I feel like she has been taken things for granted. She says things that..." she sighed, "you know what...I don't talk about this because I don't even trust myself anymore and I'm scared I'm gonna fuck everything up and God, it's so hard."

Rachel examined her bestfriend like she was a therapist talking to a patient. This was new. Jayda questioned nothing when it came to Star. "Jayda, I think you're confused ...as in really confused. So I think you need to and clear your mind because I made no sense of everything you said to me."

"I know I'm going crazy," Jayda raked her fingers through her hair.

"Don't worry, okay? You just need to calm down and take deep breathes and also talk through the issues with Star. She has no right to ignore you."

"Yeah she doesn't. And I am not going to be to one to yearn for her like I'm a needy or desperate person I have every right to hold onto my dignity and she's not taking that away from me."

"You know what? I think you really need a break, so let us close and then go cruising in the sports car, go shopping and all the fucking things fun and not the burden of relationships."