*17*

I apologize for the late update.
-Jayda

***

"So how was the party?" Rachel asked as Jayda walked into the kitchen. She was dressed in turtle neck sleeveless, yellow cotton gown with her black sneakers, her bag on her back.
Well, there was divine intervention because she was ready for school. It was 6:30 am.

"Good morning to you too, Rae."

Rachel chuckled.
"Come on, spill it. When'd you come back. You weren't home by 10 and I gave up on waiting for you so I hit the bed."

"It was almost midnight, I guess," Jayda shrugged and thanked Rachel as she gave her a cup of coffee and slid her a plate of toasts.

"You must've been exhausted."

"I was. Kira is too agile for her own good. It's a miracle I'm even ready for my class. And she's kidnapping me again today."

"Another party?"

"Yeah. Post birthday or something. You should come."

"No, thank you. I have an essay to complete and then who's gonna babysit Joedi?"

"I was gonna say she'd come with us," she sipped her coffee. "You're such a buzz kill."

Rachel chuckled, "Tell em I'll be there for their next party or function whatever if I'm oppotuned. And besides, they know how much hate those shit. We all used to escape as kids."

Jayda laughed.

"So how was the party? Did you like Kaden?"

Hearing that, she choked on her coffee, coughing.

"Hey, chill, girl. What's wrong? You okay?"

"Yeah. I am."

Rachel crooked her brow at her best friend and knew immediately that something was off.

When Jayda recovered from her fits of coughing, Rachel came to her side of the breakfast bar and looked at her best friend.

"What?" Jayda innocently asked, stuffing her mouth with a piece of toast.

"What about Kaden?"

"Nothing," she questioned, chewed.

"Right. You choke on coffee whenever I ask you normal questions."

She swallowed her food.
"Seriously nothing. It's normal to choke. I took in more than I could swallow."

"Oh? So how's Kaden?"

"Friendly. Really friendly. Nice. That's all."

"That's all?"

"Yeah. I mean, we talked a lot. But that's all."

"Hmm. So he isn't attractive?"

"What? Of course he is. He is."

"Yeah?" Rachel hopped on the breakfast bar, her tone inviting for Jayda to say more.

"Yeah," Jayda faced her food. "He is. He has beautiful baby blue eyes and his hair is just so... it's soft and then he's very perfect lips...and..." It was then she realized what she was saying.

Rachel smirked.

"You bitch," Jayda hit Rachel's lap. This is the last time you use your stupid psychology shit on me."

If Rachel wasn't specializing on medicine, she'd make a very good therapists.

"You're the one that hired me as your therapist and plus, how else am I supposed to get stuff out of you. I see you seem to be fond of Kaden's eyes, hair and lips, isn't it?"