*14*

He sucked in a harsh breathe after taking a shot of his scotch.
Those Moretti bastard siblings didn't know when to stop.

"¿Ahora que? (What now?)" Pablo asked his boss.

They had the guts to try and raid his shipment after he had sent Leonardo's drilled head to them. They also sent a threat message.
Maybe they didn't learn enough.
He had to let them know that he wasn't joking anyone.

"Have you made sure that all the extra security I arranged are in place?"

"Si, Patron, (yes, boss)," Pablo answered.

"I don't want any drama at this party. It's for Kirari. Nothing should go wrong."

Pablo nodded in agreement.

"Jarred has spotted one of their warehouses in Roseville. Tomorrow at dawn, I want it raided, burnt down and no soul must live. Pass the message to Eric. Everything should be ready at the HQ for the operation tomorrow before he comes here for the party."

"Yes, boss."

"Good."

With that, they walked out of his office at the event centre.
Crown Emporium.
A large event centre that he owned. He had an office in every business property he owned.

After the 1 minute elevator ride, they got to the grand floor which was decorated exquisitely for his little sister's birthday.

He couldn't believe she was 25 now. She could behave like a total child most times. He loved it. And making sure she'd be happy with the party would be his mission tonight. No Mafia boss shit. Just his little sister, Kirari.

The place was already filling up with guests, appetizers and wine being passed around by waiters, soft music and chattering being heard.

He and Pablo went off to their reserved table.
Aimee joined them shortly.

"Hey, good evening," she greeted in Spanish.

"Hi," Pablo smiled at her. "You look nice."

"Thank you," Aimee smiled at him.
She was dressed in a black, one shouldered maxi dress that hugged her curves beautifully. "But I'm sure I'll be no match for Kirari in that dress you got for her."

Pablo chuckled. "Yeah."
He couldn't wait to his queen in the dress he got for her. She wasn't aware of it. Pablo and Kaden had planned the party unlike other than usual.
He missed her so much. She blatantly ignored him like he was a ghost.
It hurt.
Especially this morning at the HQ when he called for her as she was leaving her office. She'd just kept on walking without sparing him a glance or turning to him.
He knew he'd fucked up big time but tonight he was gonna do all in his power to talk to her.

"Have you spoken to Kira? When's she getting here?" Kaden asked Aimee without looking at her making her want to lunge at him and snap his neck. He was such an asshole.
How could he just treat her like she was no one after what had happened that day.
That afternoon at his office.
She had put all that at the darkest place of her head but he had no right to talk to her like he was better than her.