*4*

It has always been said, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It was one of the best ways to conquer and that was what Hernandez wanted more than ever after the little cat and rat chase that happened the previous day that almost took him to his knees in front of that lowlife, good-for-nothing, three-day-old don.
It was so close.
If there was no teargas in the van and if not for Rodney, he probably would have been tortured by his new enemy and he swore that it was never going to happen. 

He was waiting for Leonardo Jones to show up for the meeting that he himself had called for. Hernandez had a good feeling that soon enough things would go as they should, that feeling being triggered by the love of his life, who he had met a month ago.
Stormi Aracely Martinez.
She was truly the best but Rodney seemed to have a problem with her.
He just got off the phone with her and she promised to come over tonight.

In the next minute, the sand-coloured haired man dressed wearing a black hoodie, sunglasses along side with black pants.

Wasn't the heat getting to him?

"Hernandez Moretti," he smirked and took off his shades.

"Leonardo. It's been a long while, hasn't it?"

"I agree," Leonardo responded and made himself comfortable on the couch in the office.

"And I hope you have perfect explanation for what happened three days ago."

"Actually, it was a week ago," Leonardo corrected. "Fernandez knew you and your sister were on his tail and he executed his plan sooner than he intended. Rodney shouldn't have sent him that threat message. She blew the cover. Moreover, everything was done without information to any of the staff. It was very smart of my boss to do."

Hernandez nodded in understanding.
"I see. So is that why you asked us to have this meeting?"

Leonardo laughed. "Do you take me for a clown, Moretti?" And then he asked where his sister was.

"Why?" Hernandez questioned back.

"Because I have found a way to take down the Crown Empire."

●●●

"Have a good time at school," Star said watching Jayda get dressed in her denim shorts and turtleneck shirt.

"That's nothing to say to a girl that's tired of every aspect of her life," Jayda said with a smile, tying the laces of her favorite sneakers. A gift from the half naked blonde in her room.

"Chill. You're graduating August."

"Yeah right, you got to do that earlier and I'm honestly jealous and wish I had done those extra classes with you," she huffed, making Star admire the best thing that had ever happened in her life.

"Well, moral learnt then; always listen to Star."
Jayda rolled her eyes and hung her bag on her back.
"You can take my car."

"Why? I have mine. Gift from yours truly."
Star did a good job with showering her with gifts as she did with Joedi too.

"I know. I just want your scent in my car."

"You're insane," Jayda laughed and went over to hug Star who was sitting on the bed. "Fine. But mostly because my aircon is bad."
Star kissed her.

"I know you're never gonna drive to a mechanic shop yourself so I'll help with that."

"Awwn, thanks," she pecked Star's lips.
It was at times like this that she cherished their relationship. When Star was being normal.
"So remember, wake Joedi up by 9:30. The dance fest at her school is by 10. Her drugs before anything else. And her new inhaler is in the kitchen drug cabinet. Her current one is exhausted. "