*9*

It was true that no man could repay God no matter the amount of riches. The only thing he needed was our obedience.

Kirari swore to go church through out the whole month for letting her brother live.
He was awake and seeing his beautiful baby blue eyes and hearing his sweet comforting voice, made her feel so happy. She couldn't believe she almost lost him.

Thankfully, he wasn't brooding when he woke up. He gave Kira a warm comforting hug when she almost started crying again. But she knew he would be back to grumpy the next day cause there was trouble.

There was a mole and that was how the Herdney cartel got in and out. And if there was anything Don Kaden despised, it was lies, deceit and betrayal with every fibre of his being.
It was 10pm and they were headed back to the HQ except Kira and Kaden.

"People don't learn lessons these days. The last case of betrayal in Don Fernandez's reign was dealt with brutally. So who has the guts to this? Fraternizing with the enemy... " Eric said his eyes on the road, as he was behind the wheel.

"Well, that person will pay with his blood, no matter who it is." Kaden said, his voice clipped.
He was resting on his sister as she stroked his hair. "What's the situation at the HQ?" Kaden asked.

"I left Leonardo in charge before I left," Eric said.

"Pablo, contact him. I want to know how to combat this situation."

Pablo followed his boss' orders.
Leonardo didn't pick up, which was odd because all high soldiers were supposed to be available at all times. No matter the situation.
Pablo called again and this time there was a answer.

"Martinez," Leonardo greeted.

"Jones," Pablo greeted back, not missing the apprehension in his tone.
He put the call on speaker.

"Don wants to know the situation at the HQ."

"Don survived?"
The shock in his voice was unwavering. Not the good one but the bad one where you don't wish anything good to happen to someone and are shocked when it happens.

"Yes, he did." Pablo said, deadpan.

"Oh. Well, gracias a Dios (thank God)."

"So what's the situation? How many soldiers did we loose? Eric put you in charge."

"Ah, si, si," Leonardo responded. "Well, all of them are treated."

"All? So no one died?"

"Well... I'm not to sure."

"Leonardo where the fuck are you?"
Pablo was getting annoyed and Kaden was calm and collected, like his father taught him to be when matters like this arose so he could handle them with wisdom and not with rash emotions.

"At the HQ, of course."

"Then how don't you know how many died?..." Pablo was about to call him out on his weird behavior when Kaden signalled him not to but just to cut the call.

"Sorry, man. A lot of thing's been going on and I'm not really thinking straight. I'll get you your figures. With all respect, send Don my regards and apology."

"Alright," was all Pablo said before he cut the call.

"He has no idea how much he sounded like a bitch," Aimee scoffed.

"How long has he working for the Mafia?"

"Nine. Even before me. He was even Don Fernandez's P.A so I don't think he'll have dirt in him."

"Trust, Pablo is something you can never have for anyone when you're in the Mafia. Expect anything from anyone."
Pablo nodded.
"Contact Bruce. I want investigations to begin right now. And tomorrow, I want reports. There should be a search going on when I get there. I want my culprit tomorrow. No questions asked."

"Si Patron. (Yes, Boss)," Eric and Pablo answered.

No one was going to sabotage the empire he was working his ass off to expand in honor of his late father.
He was Kaden Crown and one was going to ruin him.
He was going to destroy his enemies like sand castles. No matter what it took.
Nothing would stop him.
Not even the pain he felt he felt through out his torso the next morning when he woke up. His head hurt as well and it did nothing but anger him more. The bastards that caused him this pain was going back to their creator. And that included Rodney and Hernandez.
He would make sure no one dared to mess with him talk more of thinking about it.

The HQ was rowdy, almost chaotic.
The search had begun. There was a general office floor with five sections in total.
Eric was in charge of the whole general office and each section had a representative. So when an order was being passed, it went from Pablo to Eric and then to each rep before it got to the men.

Bruce, the Mafia's detective and investigator was in charge of the search.
Section one and two had been searched and suspects had been found who where in the BAM room.
BAM...Blackmail, Assassination, Murder .
From that...what goes on in the room is very clear.

Kaden had joined Bruce and the search team in the G.O.
He had the urge to just head to Leonardo at section five and get stuff over with but he had to be cautious and sensible and no one was a criminal until proven guilty.

After the search at section three and four, five suspects were apprehended in total and finally they were in section five.
Leonardo was the last to be checked as the section rep but the wait was worth it as Kaden was killing Leonardo with his eyes as he being checked. He was sweating and Kaden kept his eyes on him. Kaden saw the fear and nervousness behind his calm facade. There was no way a guilty man would remain calm and composure with the look Kaden was giving Leonardo, except he was soulless.

There was a box at a corner that caught Kaden's eye.

"Leonardo," he called as Leonardo was trying to avoid his stare.
Pussycat.

"Boss," he faced Kaden, not meeting his eyes.

"Be a gentle lad and pass me that box."

"Uh..."

"Is there a problem? Are you hiding something?"

"Of... course not... it's just..."

"Evidence that you helped those bastard siblings infiltrate my fortress?"

"What...I..."

"You're the mole aren't you?"

"Boss..." He swallowed.

"Don't even dare lie to me or deny cause I have evidence. Security cameras. You didn't think you'd be followed, right?" Kaden was stoic and remained that way when Leonardo lunged at him using his elbow around his neck, pointing a gun at his head, looking manic.

There were gasps of shocks and crackings of guns.
"Leonardo you're a dead man if you do not let go of Don and drop your gun," Pablo deadpanned, pointing a gun at Leonardo who later shot at the air.
Pablo was about to shoot him when Kaden used his elbow on Leonardo's stomach, making him vulnerable enough for Kaden to leave his grip, take his gun, kick him to the ground and then shoot his leg.

"I don't know what you take me for, Leonardo but that's going to change when I'm finished with you."

•••

Yeah, I know short chapter. 1205 words, but I really want to get to the main part of the book and this is already chapter 9.
I promise you lots of action, romance and drama and all you can do for me, is to flex your fingers and make that cute star orange, share and comment.
xo...