Forest Creatures?

One morning, in Marcantonio's room inside April's summer home, the morning light filtered through the curtains, and Marcantonio's phone alarm went off, his phone buzzing. Marcantonio's hand was on the nightstand, which was something he learned to do. He woke up, shutting the alarm off. He stayed lying down for a few moments, before sitting up. He sat on the edge of the bed with a yawn, rubbing his eyes. He looked around the dim room for a few moments, before getting up, and turning the light on. He blinked for a few moments to adjust to the light, then grabbed his hearing aids and put them on. He could now hear the gentle rustle of leaves outside, along with birds chirping, and the sounds of Akari making breakfast downstairs. "Alright. Day 13 of training," he said.

Marcantonio then walked out of his room, and as he did, he saw Plautilla leave their room. "Morning, Marc," Plautilla said. "Good morning, Plau," Marcantonio said. Marcantonio then went into the bathroom as Plautilla went downstairs.

"How are you feeling, Plau?" Akari asked once Plautilla got downstairs. "Tired. I did not get a sufficient amount of sleep last night," Plautilla said. "Aw, how come?" Plautilla asked. "I heard noises coming from the forest all night," Plautilla said, sitting down at the table. "Is everybody else still asleep?" they asked. "Yeah. I sleep through anything, so there may have been noises coming from the forest," Akari said.

Then Titian came downstairs, groggy and with most of his prosthetics on. "God... I could not sleep last night..." Titian said, rubbing his eyes with his flipper, before putting his prosthetic arm on. "Heard noises too?" Plautilla asked. "Yeah," Titian said. They were both exhausted and had slight dark circles under their eyes.

Marcantonio then came downstairs and saw Titian up. "Oh, morning T," Marcantonio said. "Morning, Marc..." Titian said, too groggy to look at him as he sat down. "Did you hear the noises last night?" Titian asked, looking up at Marcantonio. "I take my hearing aids out before bed. So I didn't hear anything," Marcantonio said. "If two of you heard noises... There most likely have been noises," Akari said, continuing to cook breakfast. "There won't be training this morning. Most of us are far too tired to train," she said. "How about you and I go on the trail in the forest to see if there is anything?" Marcanotonio suggested. "I don't see why not, " Akari said. "Alright! After breakfast, we'll go," Marcantonio said. "Alright," Akari said with a nod.

Later on, Marcantonio was in his human form, in case there were people in the forest. Akari adjusted her backpack while they stood on the porch. Takato was in the doorway, leaning against the frame. He yawned and asked, "You sure you wanna go?" "We'll stay on the path, don't worry," Akari said. "Alright... Just... be safe," he said. "We will. Now go get some rest," Akari said. "Alright," Takato said with a nod, before going back inside. Akari then turned to Marcantonio and asked, "Ready?" "Yeah. Let's go," Marcantonio said.

They then started walking to the forest. They got to the forest, and Akari said, "It was probably some campers from another city." "True, but then again, the noises went on all night," Marcantonio said, based on what Plautilla and Titian said. "Let's see if we can hear anything," Akari said. They stopped, and Marcantonio turned the volume of his hearing aids up. After only a short few moments, Marcantonio heard voices, and looked in the direction. "That way. There's voices," he said, pointing in that direction. "Alright. Lead the way," Akari said.

They then went in the direction with Marcantonio leading. They walked quietly, and Marcantonio turned the volume down if it got too much, but also as they got closer. They soon got to a campsite. It was a wreck. But Akari heard the voices too, and they ducked into the nearby bushes. 

"Let's go, Ioan," one voice said. "Yes, Mustafa," said the one who was assumed to be Ioan. Marcanotnio and Akari couldn't see them, but they heard them. "Just missed them..." Marcantonio whispered.