Betrayal

One night, the kiddos were about to leave for patrol. "I'm so glad I can finally go on patrol again!" Paolo said excitedly. "Well, we had to wait for the stitches to fall off," Marcantonio said, putting on his mask. "Thankfully mine weren't as severe," Levina said, putting on her jacket. "But you can still see the scar," Paolo said, pointing it out. "And? At least I'm not trying to cover them up. Besides, the scars will fade eventually," Levina shrugged. "Unlike mine, which was infected," Marcantonio said, adjusting his mask. 

"Let's just go," Titian said, not wanting Marcantonio to start ranting about his scar. "I agree. We have a situation at the museum. Looks like the Foot Clan," Plautilla said, looking at her phone. 

They left and soon got to the roof of the museum, and peered in through the skylight, seeing Foot Clan members looking for something. "What are they doing..." Levina wondered. "I think they're looking for something," Paolo said, watching them carefully. "But what?" Marcantonio asked. "I don't care, let's go kick some sorry ass!" Titian yelled, bursting into the museum. "Titian, wait!" Marcantonio said, but it was too late. An alarm went off. "What?!" Titian yelled. "Titian, let's go!" Marcantonio yelled. Titian ran out one of the exit doors to the museum and into an alleyway, where he met his siblings. 

"Titian!" Marcantonio yelled. "I'm sorry! I thought they had disabled the alarm!" Titian said, apologizing. "It's the Foot Clan. What makes you think that they would disable an alarm?" Plautilla asked, crossing her arms. 

"But then how did they get in?!" Titian snapped. "They most likely got some sort of key card, since the employees use key cards. I'm assuming one applied for the night security, or even night janitor position, got it, and used the keycard to get the Foot Clan in," Plautilla theorized. 

Then Karai appeared on the fence of the alleyway. "My my, you are smart, Darkstare," Karai said as the siblings turned to Karai. Karai jumped down and approached them, causing the turtles to go in a defensive stance. 

"What do you want, Karai?!" Marcantonio yelled, ready for a fight. "I want you all, or at least one of you, to join me in taking over the world," Karai said, smiling evilly. 

"No way! We'd never join you," yelled Titian, getting ready to swing his kanabō at Karai. "Besides, you stink," Levina said, scrunching up her nose. "I agree in both a literal and a figurative sense," Plautilla said. 

"What?! I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it!" Karai yelled, putting her foot down. "That's something mothers would say when the child they gave birth to is being disrespectful. And considering the fact that you're a Homosapien, and we're Testudines, you did not give birth to us," said Plautilla, smirking. "What?! No! That's not what I mean! Ugh!" said Karai, frustrated. 

"No matter how hard you try, Karai, we'd never join you," Marcantonio said, narrowing his eyes. "If you join me, however. You'd have all the power in the world! You would be more powerful than God himself!" Karai yelled, her eyes widening. "Technically-" Plautilla said as Paolo stepped forward. 

Marcantonio realized. "Paolo...?" he said, confused. "I'll join. I don't need my family anymore," Paolo said, taking off his mask and scarf then dropping them to the ground. "Excellent. Well, I must get going. I'll be back for the rest of you," said Karai as she and Paolo left, leaving his siblings in utter shock. 

"What...? Why would he just leave like that?!" yelled Titian, angry tears forming. "I-I don't know..." said Marcantonio, his eyes darting  at the ground. "With him on Karai's team, he might reveal the location of our base!" Plautilla realized. "In that case, we have to get going and remove him from the system," said Marcantonio, turning to Plautilla. 

Later on, Plautilla's laptop was connected to the hand print scanner from the inside. Plautilla removed Paolo from the system just as Donatello walked in. "Are you helping Levina with a prank?" he asked. "Nope," she said as Donatello's fake legs transformed back into his wheelchair. "Doing your own prank?" he asked. "Wrong again," she said.