Day 3

Takato was in his room with a tailor, getting fitted for a hakama.* Takato did not look too pleased. In fact, he looked rather sad and annoyed. 

"You must be a lucky man, Takato," the tailor said. "Yeah..." Takato said, sounding upset. "I remember when I got married. Best day of my life. I'm sure whoever your partner is will be just as happy to be with you," the tailor said, a smile on his face. "Yeah..." Takato said. It seemed to be all he could say. "You don't sound too happy. Is something wrong?" the tailor asked. Takato glanced at Thea passing by, and said, "No, no. Just tired is all." "Ah, alright. So your mother told me she's planning your wedding. And it's tomorrow?" the tailor asked in disbelief the fitting and the wedding were so close together. "Yup..." Takato said, not wanting to continue the conversation. "That's crazy. How long ago did you and your partner meet?" the tailor asked. "A few years ago. I met her through my sister," Takato said, talking about Jax instead of Chieko. "Aw, that's sweet. I met my partner in art school," the tailor said. "Really?" Takato asked, intrigued, since he had always wanted to go to some form of art school. "Yeah. I got lost, they found me, and led me to my class," the tailor explained. "That's sweet," Takato said with a smile.

Takato was then finished being fitted for the hakama. The tailor took a small step back and asked, "What do you think?" "It's nice. Thank you," Takato said with a forced smile. "You're welcome, young man," the tailor said, glad he did a good job. "I hope you and your partner live a happy life," Takato said with a smile. "Thank you. Oh!" the tailor said, pulling out a business card. "If anything happens to that hakama, or you need something else tailored, feel free to call," he said, handing it to Takato. "Thank you," Takato said, taking the card. 

Takato looked at the business card, saw a progress pride flag,** and said, "I knew it..." He then put the card in his nightstand, hiding it with the photo of him and Jax.

He then looked at himself in the mirror and said, "This isn't even what I'd wear to a wedding..." He then sighed and said, "But it's what Karai wants..." 

Meanwhile, Chieko was being fitted for a shiromuku.* "You are so pretty!" the female tailor said. "Thank you, ma'am," Chieko said with a smile. "Awh, you're welcome. My parents own the business, and I work at their business. They taught me everything I know! And how to tailor just about anything and everything!" she said, smiling as she worked on Chieko's shiromuku. "So you plan on taking over for them?" Chieko asked. "Yeah! Ever since I was a little girl, I've always dreamed of being a tailor just like my parents. Of course, I'm adopted, but they're still my parents," the female tailor said. "That's really sweet," Chieko said with a smile. "This shiromuku really suits you, too," the female tailor said. "Thanks!" Chieko said with a smile.

"Whoever your partner is, I'm sure they'll love you forever and ever!" the female tailor said. Chieko smiled softly and blushed, then said, "Yes, I'm sure they will."

The female tailor finished tailoring the shiromuku, and then said, "So... What do you think?" "It's perfect, thank you," Chieko said with a smile. "You're welcome!" she said. The female tailor then took out a business card and handed it to Chieko, saying, "If anything happens to the shiromuku, or if you want something else, or need anything fixed, feel free to give us a call." Chieko took the business card and said, "I will, thank you." "You're welcome! Bye!" the female tailor said. "Bye!" Chieko said.

The female tailor then left as Chieko looked at the business card and smiled. "A really, really sweet business..." she said. Chieko then hid the business card in her nightstand as Karai walked in. "You look lovely, Chieko," Karai said. "Thank you, Lady Karai," Chieko said with a proper bow. "Your father would be proud of you. You're becoming a part of the Oroku family," Karai said with a smile. "I'm really excited, Lady Karai," Chieko said with a smile. "I'm glad. Takato's excited too. Tired, but excited," Karai said. "That's great!" Chieko said as Karai started leaving.