Awaken

Weeks had passed, and Takato still hadn't awakened from his coma. It was a week before Thanksgiving at this point, and Jax was growing more and more restless and worried each day. He wondered if Takato would ever wake up as he held Takato's hand. "When will you wake up..." he said, worried.

Akari entered, and said, "Hey, Jax." Jax looked at Akari, then back at Takato. "Oh, hey," he said." "You're worried, aren't you?" Akari asked, sitting down. "Yeah..." Jax said, looking at Takato's face. "Jax, he'll be okay. It'll be a while before he wakes up, but he'll be okay," Akari said, knowing her brother. Jax sighed and said, "I know, but... It's been three weeks already." 

"Jax, he'll-" Akari said before the heart monitor flatlines. "What?!" Akari said, before checking Takato's pulse. "Go get Leo, Don, or Marc," Akari said, climbing up on the bed. Jax nodded, fearful, then ran out as Akari removed the top Takato was wearing, and started CPR. "Come on... Takato, you aren't dying on me," she said as she performed CPR. 

Soon, Leonardo, Donatello, and Marcantonio entered. When Akari was done with the set of chest compressions, she and Marcantonio switched, so now Marcantonio was doing CPR. "Grab the defibrillator!" Leonardo said, knowing Donatello was the closest. 

Donatello then grabbed the defibrillator before Levina ran in, shouting, "Wait!" "Levina, we have no time for this," Donatello said, starting the defibrillator. "No! I mean do a scan!" Levina said, grabbing the scanner they use to look for masses and injuries. She then scanned Takato's heart and looked at it. "Knew it!" Levina said. Levina then showed them and said, "There's a clot stuck in his heart." "Holy shit... Prep for surgery, stop CPR," Donatello said. Akari and Levina then left, and Marcantonio climbed off. 

Outside of the medbay, Akari asked, "How'd you know?" "It just came to me as Dad was teaching me how to refine these feelings I have," Levina said. "Woah... That's wicked," Akari said. "I know!" Levina said, a smile on her face, knowing that she just saved Takato. 

"What's going on?! Is he okay?!" Jax asked, running up to them when he saw them. "Jax, he'll be okay. Levina ran in just in time. There was a clot stuck in his heart. I'm guessing that it came loose or something as he was healing," Akari explained, knowing there was no way to put it lightly. "So... now what?" Jax said, his eyes wide. "Open heart surgery," Levina said, not sugarcoating it at all. 

"Oh... Oh my gosh..." Jax said. He looked like he was going to pass out from all the worry he had towards Takato. Akari then grabbed one of his hands and wrapped an arm around his waist. "Let's get you seated," Akari said. Jax nodded, feeling he was unable to say anything because his throat felt dry. Akari then led him to the couch, and helped him sit down.

"Jax, Leonardo, and Donatello have done this sort of thing before," April said. "They have?" Jax said, now trying to calm himself down. "Yeah. Part of the situation with the Foot was me getting my heart sliced open. They did the surgery, had no blood, and got me to a hospital," April said. "Oh..." Jax said, looking down. "I'd show you the scar, but I don't think that'd be very appropriate," April said, chuckling. "Yeah..." Jax said.

Michelangelo then entered the living room, looking for Levina. "Levina?" he called out. "Oh! Right!" Levina said, jumping up from her seat. "You ran out, what happened?" Michelangelo asked, both curious and concerned. "A got a feeling, this time a more refined one, and so now Takato's getting open heart surgery," Levina said, being completely blunt. "Oh. I see..." he said, thinking for a moment. "Yeah..." Levina said, a little awkward. "Well... We shall end today's lesson early, then," Michelangelo said.

Michelangelo looked at Jax and noticed how nervous and worried he looked, so he walked over and crouched down. "I can tell you're worried," he said gently. "That obvious?" Jax asked. "Yeah," Michelangelo said. "I guess, yeah..." Jax said, agreeing. Michelangelo was a bit of an expert in getting one to calm down, due to Raphael's past outbursts, so he said, "Come with me." "Okay..." Jax said, unsure. "Levina, you can come with. You may be able to learn something," Michelangelo said, standing up and turning to Levina. "Alright!" Levina said.