Leonardo's Lesson

This chapter is triggering.

One day, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Mona Lisa were all sitting in the living room as Plautilla and Roux were on the balcony, working on creating a new Red Bot. 

"It's time you tell them, Leon," Michelangelo said. "I know, but..." Leonardo said, sighing, "They're still just kids." "Well, these kids are more understanding than you think," Raphael said gently. "And maybe telling them what happened and how you got out would help them for when we go," Mona Lisa said. "Akari did tell us that Karai has our deaths planned... She's just not sure when," Donatello reminded. "I know, I know," Leonardo said, sounding sad. After a few moments of silence, Michelangelo said, "Think of it as a lesson for them. But this time, one that deals with... You know." Leonardo then sighed and said, "I just don't think it's time to tell them." 

"Nardo, we could die any day, now. We can't wait for our deaths to happen. We have to tell them, so when we do die, they can-" Donatello said sternly, as Leonardo teared up, remembering the events. "I can't tell them. Not yet, Don," Leonardo said, trying to stop the tears from falling. Donatello then got closer to Leonardo and hugged him, which shocked everyone. "Leo, you can't decide that this time. We know that our death dates are coming. We just... Don't know when," Donatello said, hugging Leonardo tighter, tearing up a bit," But we can't not tell them, either." 

Leonardo then hugged him back and said, "Okay... I'll tell them." Raphael then put his hand on Leonardo's shoulder and said, "No, we'll tell them. Together." Leonardo chuckled and said, "You're using my words against me." "Of course," Raphael said with a smirk. 

"What're you guys doing? Join the hug," Donatello said, wiping his tears and turning to the others. "Oh! Yay!" Michelangelo said, joining the hug first, then Raphael. "You too, Mona," Donatello said. "Alright," Mona Lisa said, joining the hug. Leonardo then smiled and said, "Thanks, you guys." "Anytime, brother," Raphael said. 

"Hey, just so you know, Casey and Jax are back with the kiddos," Roux said, peering into the apartment. They then stopped hugging, and Roux went back to making a new Red Bot. "And whatever was going on is between you guys," Roux said, uninterested in what was going on, but hoping everything was alright. "Are we gonna fix this or are you done talking to them?" Plautilla said, not realizing they were being rude. "That was rude," Roux said. "It was?" Plautilla asked. "Yeah, it was," Roux said. "Oh. I apologize," Plautilla said, trying to sound as genuine as possible. "Apology accepted," Roux said, understanding. 

Casey then parked the van, and opened the side doors for the kiddos. And they all got out of the van. He then got a text, got out his phone, read the text, responded, and said, "You kiddos are gonna have a lesson today." "On what?" Levina asked. "No idea," Casey said. "So we go to school for six hours, then come back just for more teaching?!" Paolo complained. "More like training, I guess?" Casey said. Paolo then groaned as a way to complain. "Don't complain. This lesson is important. According to the text from Mikey, anyways..." Casey said, looking at the text again. "Fine..." Paolo said, annoyed. 

Soon, Casey, Jax, and the kiddos entered the apartment. "The kids are here," Mona Lisa said, noticing. "Alright..." Leonardo said, preparing himself. "Take a seat," Raphael said as soon as all the kids were inside. Plautilla was already sitting down, waiting for the others. "Where?" Titian asked. "In front of us. Either on the couch in front, or the floor," Raphael said, sitting down next to Leonardo. "Alright..." Marcantonio said, not liking how things sounded. They then sat down with Plautilla. 

"I gotta get going to my hockey practice. Jax, you wanna tag along?" Casey asked, knowing the lesson was serious. "Of course!" Jax said excitedly, smiling. "You like hockey?" Casey asked, surprised. "I play hockey as a hobby," Jax said, shrugging. "That's valid," Casey said, nodding. Then Jax and Casey left.