[38.1] FIRE AND ICE (part-two)

•|•|•
A new age begins, and the cycle repeats.
•|•|•
[KAYOS]

The Portal creaks with haunting whispers as I walk through. The shadows his my true name, enticing. Their voices are cold and wistful. They pull at my robe, and tug, grazing my feet, until I walk out and the whispers fade behind me, the portal closing.

Only one shadow remains glued to my side. Alchest climbs up to my shoulder. I glance at him momentarily, my gaze shifting to our surroundings.

It is as I thought. A blood bath.

The narrow hallway lined only by torches spans a good length and in it lies the carnage left by the creature.

There is no death, however.

It seems this creature wasn't out to kill. Instead, there is an array of bodies writhing in pain. Slashes and marks. Aid has come to them, and healers are trying their best to do what they can.

It is clear they were caught in prepared, however, it is a lesson well learned.

Despite their pain, as soon as my presence is known, groans grow quiet, and shivers across their spines.

They are deep cuts I see. Gashes and incisions.

I notice that the wolves are not healing as fast as they should either.

Blood is mapped across the walls. A wolf without his fingers is groaning, slumped against the wall, his hand to heart, horror dancing in his eyes. I glance at him and his pain.

He looks up at me and instantly freezes. Lips a notable quiver, and his groans become still, only his body is what quakes.

"The creature?"

He points a shaky bloodied hand in one direction. As I leave I can hear him muffle a scream. But the Calvary has arrived a healer to his aid, and the sound of armor as other guards arrived.

I am lost to this. I find myself in the throne room, just following the blood splatters and the smell of smoke and ash in the air.

Something else far more foul as if that of a decayed corpse exploring the air.

My gaze trails around the carnage in the throne room. More or less, more bodies. I am unsure if they are dead or alive. I have no patience to look.

All that catches my eyes is Fir, slumped against his throne. His head rolled forward, I did not hear a breath on his lips.

It is quiet. A nice quiet.

I stare at Firdons Figure, with a sigh, my gaze shifting the length of the room, at the groaning guard before glancing back at him.

"Is it done then? Am I finally rid of you?" I ask.

Silence reigns between us and then— to my utmost dismay, but expectation,

Fir's head rolls back, and he takes out a breath. One that shapes a wicked grin on his face and splurges into a fountain of laughter.

It echoes across the room until it does and he sighs finally looking at me, with his amber gaze, "Come on, you have to try harder than that, Kayos." he huffs.

I let out a breath to rid my frustration. "So it seems."

Firdon's grin expands and there is something sinister in the way she shows his teeth, taking out the skull of the creature that lay in his lap, whose dark flesh he burned off. His gaze narrows at it, lazily, "So this is the creature."

I glance at the pile of bones that sit at the foot of his throne, noting the foul stench emulated from it. "It was."

"Huh.." he trails off, studying the specimen, "ugly." he snorts, tossing the skull to his side. He stands and stretches, running a hand through his hair to which he gags at the ash that litters it, seemingly disgusted.