[27.1] VAELN

•|•|•
"The sea is no place for a wolf."
•|•|•

[KAYOS]

Vaeln was here.

2 weeks before he was intended. His scent was strong as I pushed the doors of my study open, my eyes falling on the Light Wolf, a hardness in my jaw I couldn't quite get rid of. Vaeln was a menace if I ever had one. He was the reason for the noise he had blasted throughout the court with a bloody horn.

He sat across my desk, staring at me with an amused smirk.

The longer I looked at him the more irritated I got.

"Will you not speak-"

"What are you doing here?" I growled, gaze hardening.

His lazy smirk dawned into a chuckle.

"Sit Kayos. Standing there makes me feel so goddamn uncomfortable." He grinned, turning in his seat for a moment, "Offer me a drink or something. A decade-aged wine is what I would prefer."

I  stared at the obnoxious Arc, trying to stop my anger from reeling its ugly head.

"I was unaware it was my duty to make you feel ...comfortable." I gritted through my teeth.

"I am your guest. Therefore it is." He shrugged, eyes skimming my desk.

"Ah," he grinned, reaching for a Jug, "Tell me this is wine."

"You are not a guest, Vaeln, do not be deceived," I growled, prowling further into my study.

"Water," he gagged, sniffing the contents before setting the jug down, glancing over at me, "As plain as you are, I suppose."

"You- are the farthest thing from a guest in my court. You have barged into my home, unannounced, unwanted, unwelcome, and unaccepted and now you sit before me-" I looked at his casual state,  "and you dare to speak?"

"Now how else am I supposed to bloody respond if speaking is forbidden?" He scoffed, gaze narrowing on me, "It sounds like a bloody paradox if I've ever heard of one."

I ignored this, "You may very well be considered an enemy. Breaking the treaty once more, showing up before your selected time, creating havoc and unnecessary unrest in my court-"

"It was the blast of a horn, Kayos- I did not shoot a canon through your walls,"

"If you do not realize it yet," I cut, "I am not amused at your intrusion, Vaeln, I truly hope you have a valiant reason to redeem yourself-" I grunted, my head tilting slightly, my wolf a lingering threat of red in my eye.

He paused at this, searching my eyes for a moment.

The door suddenly swung open behind me, and the lure of a soft flowery scent caught me, and I inwardly groaned.

In walked Mother,  a wide smile on her face.

"Vaeln!" she gleamed, passing by me, "I can not believe it! Goddess, It is you."

The Arc stood to his feet, "Grand Luna, Aleya," he grinned as Mother trapped him in her arms.

I stepped away, irritated at her intrusion.

"In the flesh." She beamed holding him at arm's length, looking him over.

I stared blankly at the action as she studied him, "I haven't seen you in nearly two years- oh and you've grown so much, so much more handsome." She gleamed, brushing his newly trimmed beard.