[1.1] SLAVE

•|•|•
Hi guys! Welcome to chapter 1. I would appreciate your feedback. Please tap the star, and leave a comment. Thank you!
•|•|•

"RUN, RUN AS fast as you can Keffer!" The voices of the Night moon Pack kids echoed behind me mockingly as I ran barefooted, weaving through the forest trees, my heart a rampant beat within me.

"Run Keffer!" They called out laughing in their sickening amusement, their taunts prodding through my mind as they chased after me. Their footsteps ran light and fast through the forest.

They were built for this; it was like a walk in the park for them.

Not for me.

Never for a Keffer.

My vision was a teary blur, my body shaking in fear, yet still ignoring the tiny little cuts the fallen branches and dry leaves made through my skin with every step I took, my breathing harsh and hollow, as I pushed through the forest, the afternoon sunlight barely scraping through the dense trees to light my way.

The voices of the taunting kids vanished, and so did the sound of their footsteps but my heart only sank. I knew what came next. The sound of bones cracking behind me only meant one thing.

They were shifting.

Soon the taunts were replaced by growls and, their human figures were replaced by their wolves. Howls began to echo behind me more deadly than their taunts had ever been, animalistic promises of what they could do to me if they caught me.

I pushed forward as best as I could, running into an opening in the forest, the wind in my face as I swatted through the large field of high grass, where the sunlight shone through harshly.

They knew I couldn't outrun any of them, not even skinny Douglas, the weakest one.

Not in their human forms and much less in their wolf forms. They were better than me in every way- faster, stronger, good-looking- d yet they found the utmost pleasure in scaring me to death.

They loved the chase and I was always going to be prey in this world.

Keffer, they called me.

Wolfless.

Tears blinded me further and I tripped, falling and scraping my knee on the hard ground, but that was the least of my worries.

My eyes quickly darted around me, my heart pounding, fingers shaking as I heard the sound of their growls closer than ever before.

I crawled backward on the ground, head darting in every direction I could hear a growl. They were circling me now, I noted, catching glimpses of the musky brown fur of their wolves as they stalked the middle, sealing every route of escape until they finally came into full view, creeping noiselessly through the grass, growling and barring their sharp white teeth at me.

Trying to make myself as small as possible, I hugged my bruised knees, hands shaking as my eyes trailed the wolves.

They were only omega wolves, but still much bigger than I could ever be.

My eyes darted around the five wolves that encircled me, stopping as the sixth one emerged through the middle. He was bigger than the others and behind moved another wolf.

From his mere size of him, as he was bigger than some full-grown omega wolves in the pack, He could only be one wolf.

Gabriel, the Alpha's son. And behind him was the Gamma's son, Lawrence.

I gulped slowly, shaking my head, pleading softly whilst moving slightly backward as the large Alpha wolf stalked forward until he was standing over me, his large paws on either side of me.