[33.1] ADZAR

•|•|•
There is a Magic that calls to the endless. That opens a ripple to another world. Avert your eyes, pup, lest it seeps in and corrupts your very soul.
•|•|•

[ SHADE SHADOWS]

I am ready for the day.

I repeat the same words relentlessly even as I march after Madam Catherine towards the red door. This time she does not leave me by the door, she freezes as if caught by time a few feet away and stops.

I stop behind her, confused, glancing at the red door. She turns sharply, clearing her throat,

"Hurry now, the master awaits."

My eyebrows arch together, as she walks passed me with a nod, leaving me alone in the hallway.

That is rather strange.

Master. Not masters.

My fingers went cold, and my heart thudded from within me as I turned round to the space she had disappeared from gaze batting the length.

What if she knew? Could she?

About the Master and I?

I shook my head. How could she? She never entered the library, not even once-

I paused to think this through-

Not even once.

My gaze shot back to the red door, remembering the words of the guards that night. Why were they afraid to enter it?

Madam says it is the master's sanctuary but to fear it so- it isn't right- not when the master I know isn't as hard as everyone puts him to be.

Is it because he is the King's Favorite? Do they think if they make him mad the Night Wolf's fury will reign upon them too?

And so- if a woman such as Madam Catherine dared fear the master, then why did I put myself above her? She did warn me to stay away.

And if I truly think she cares for my safety, then it must be for good reason.

But here I am. Friends with a master. It is either one of two things.

I am lucky or I am foolish.

Keffers are never lucky.

I shake my head free from these thoughts, trying to make me brave again.

I walk toward the red door and for the first time, my hand shakes before I push it open.

It is dark as I left it and although the sun is out, the one light from the high window can not illuminate the width of the library.

I move in, closing the door behind me and I remember the first day I entered this place. I remember the chills that crossed my spine, the red eyes that stared out at me from the darkness-

I shiver again, goosebumps against my skin. The library is suddenly cold again as it had been that night.

I swore I saw the Night Wolf. I swore...

That fear- that raw fear. Only a being like him could instill such an emotion with a bare look.

I am quiet as I walk into the library, that chilling feeling in my bones, unable to go away.  I walk through the aisles, and freeze when I see him-

The Master.

He is early today. He is here before me.

His gaze is fixed between the pages of an old book, calmly swiping through them, his hair blowing in the light breeze from the flip of a single page.