Runaway- Amelia shepherd

Description: when they were 17 just before Amelia started doing drugs, y/n and Amy decided to runaway together. They got all the way to south Carolina, but one day while working at a cafe to get them money y/n got a call from Amelia sobbing telling her Derek had turned up and was dragging her home with police. By the time she had got back, Amelia was gone, their car was gone.

Years later y/n had made a life for herself without having to go back home, she's a great cardio surgeon and is moving to Seattle to become the head of her specialty and continue her research.

——————
Y:n's pov-

I was sat in my girlfriend's bedroom, she was left home alone again as her mother and sisters went out for dinner.

"Let's runaway and start a life together." Amelia said out of nowhere making me sit up from her lap.

"What?" I asked confused.

"We have enough money to get to South Carolina and get a motel while we get jobs!"

"Amelia this is crazy, we're sixteen." I laughed and go to lay back down, thinking she was joking.

"I'm being serious, I hate my life here! Your in the care system, no one will miss us and we will be happy together." She said as she pulled me back up.

"You really wanna runaway?" I asked as I thought about it, it's true no one will miss me, my parents gave me up when I was 2 and I've never been adopted.

"Yeah! You make me happy and I want to spend my life with you, we can get jobs and settle down before going back to school to do whatever we want in life." She smiled before getting up and starting to pack a suitcase. "Please say you will come with me."

"Fine, I'll come but I am not driving." I giggled as I got off the bed to pull my shoes on before heading to her bathroom to grab anything we needed.

——————
"I'll see you when I get back from work." I smiled as  I kissed Amelia, we've been gone for a month now.

We had both went back to school, well she did I got into med school early as I was going to graduate early anyway.

"I'll see you, oh can you bring those amazing muffins back with you?" She asked as she kissed me again.

"Yep, bye I love you."

—————
"Melia?" I asked confused as I saw her calling me just as I was about to leave work.

"Derek found me-" she sobbed through the phone. "He brought the police and they are dragging me home. I love you."

And with that the phone was hung up.

I ran home and saw that the car was gone, I ran inside the house and all of Amelia's things that she had brought with her were gone.

She's gone.

—————
I waited a year hoping she would runaway and come back to me but she never did.

So I got on with my life, I went to med school, then done my residency before becoming a cardio attending in Boston but now I'm moving to Seattle to become the head of cardio and to start research with the hospitals funding.

"Dr y/l/n! It's great to see you again." Bailey smiled as she walked over to me with a smile.

"Chief Bailey, it's great to see you too." I smiled and followed her as she gave me a quick tour.

—————-
Amelia's pov-

"Maggie is in a shitty mood." I groaned as I sat next to Meredith in the attendings lounge.