Teddy?- teddy altman

Description: y/n left the army and went to work at Seattle grace around two months later owen turned up and 9 months after that teddy turned up and so did the feelings y/n had tried to bury for the woman.

-------
Y/n's pov-

"Y/n, so you think you can check on my patient if you have time, I don't trust the interns after the whole practicing on theirselves." Miranda asked as I was grabbing her chart for her.

"Sure, I have to go and roll over a patient in room 124 then I'll check on him after." I smiled at the woman and got back to work.

"Nurse, can you grab me a new iv line?" Karev asked as he stomped over to me, pushing a slightly bent one into my arms.

"No, that's intern work and I'm a nurse." I sighed and pushed it back at him. "Now I have to get back to work."

I really hated that man, he looks down on nurses for no reason.

"How are you today Mr Bruce?" I asked the man who was holding his wife who was in a coma.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Peter?" He laughed while I got to work on rolling her onto her side and putting cream on her left side so no bed sores can come or the ones that were there won't get infected.

"Of course Peter, I'll try to keep that in mind." I smile and finished before checking her vitals and putting a new iv bag in. "I'll be by to check in her later and I'll bring you a coffee like usual."

"Thank you y/n. You really are a gift sent by god."

"It's just my job sir, now remind me 2 sugars?"

"Please."

"I'll see you later." I smiled and left but when I turned the corner someone ran into my sending me to the floor making me knock someone over.

Thankfully my leg didn't come off or break.

"I am so sorry y/n and was it dr Altman?" Meredith asked as she helped me up before going behind me and helping a blonde that I was hopelessly in love with and actually the reason I decided to leave the army but the real reason I left was because there was a bombing when transferring a patient and I lost my leg.

I wanted to leave because I couldn't take her being in love with Owen, having to hear her rant about how she loves him while I am in love with her and want to spend my life with her.

Yes she never gave me his name or even a gender but I would always catch her staring at him and the way she talk about the person who else could it be.

"Y/n! Owen told me that you worked here but I didn't believe him." She smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"Teddie- it's nice to see you but I have work to do." I gave her a tight lip smiled and pulled away.

"Right, you never actually told me what your specialty was." She said as she followed me, not taking the hint.

Can she not see my scrubs?

"I'm a nurse, now if you don't mind I have to check on patient of dr Bailey's for her as the interns are crap this year." I sighed and walked into the room to see an intern struggling to take blood. "Stop before you cut him or worse break the vein."

I took the things from him and gently showed him how to take blood.

"That's how it's meant to be done, now go get the tests done and put it under nurse y/L/n they will put a rush on it."

"Thank you." He scurried off while I looked at the man's chart. "Come on John Doe, wake up so we can find your family."

"You always cared for your patients." Teddy said making me jump.