Baby- Addison

Description: Addison and her wife y:n have been trying to have a baby for a while and y/n is starting to think it's never going to happen.

——————
Addison's pov-

I watched as my wife cried in my arm in the on call room.

She was rushed in once again for passing out but then we got to talking about our baby that we were trying to have.

"It's okay, I'm sure it's going to work this time. Our appointment is tomorrow and it's all going to be okay, you are going to be pregnant and everything thing is going to be okay."

"But what if it doesn't, my body can't take this anymore." She sobbed before pulling out of my arms. "If it doesn't work this time I'm done."

She left the room, leaving me sat on the bed on my own.

Did she mean she was done with ivf or done trying to have a kid?

———————

"Y/n!" I called when I got home, she doesn't work in the hospital so after what happened in the on call room she left.

She actually worked as a teacher at the school for the deaf but it's summer right now.

Summer actually ends in 3 weeks.

Her big sister is deaf and growing up she saw how hard it was for her sister in school and she wanted to to help kids like her sister, she already knew sign language so it was easy for her.

"If here!" I heard her call from the kitchen. 

She didn't sound upset like she did earlier she sounded quite happy.

I walked into the kitchen to see her making dinner with a smile on her face.

"I see your feeling better." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I am." She smiled and leaned back into my arms. "Can you grab me the eggs out of the bag?"

"How many times do i need to tell you that you have to stop cooking out the bag, you need to start putting things away." I laughed as I started to empty the bag handing her the eggs, almost dropping them when I saw pregnancy tests and one had been used. 

"Oh I forgot about them, I took one because I couldn't wait I had to know if  my body had failed us again but I didn't look, it felt wrong finding out without you." She sighed, her good mood going out the window. "Finding out my body can't give us the family that we want so much. I can't do that without you."

"Hunny, I don't care if we can't have a baby of our own. We can adopt, all I care about is raising a family with you." I told her as I rubbed her back while she continued to make dinner.

I picked up the open test going to put it in the bin but that's when I saw it, the two red lines side by side.

"My love, I need you to go take another test please."

"What-" she turned around confused but she spotted the test and nodded grabbing another one and leaving the room as she told me to keep an eye on dinner.

Five minutes later she came out of the bathroom and started putting her jacket and shoes on.

"Turn the hob off and let's go!"

"What is going on?" I asked confused but done as I was told, I've learned just to do as my wife says when she's like this.

"We're going to the hospital to get a blood test, I need to know for sure." She rushed out before running to the car.

I quickly followed after her, if those cheap pregnancy tests are right we will have the baby we have always wanted.

————
Meredith walked into the scan room with Zola and Bailey while also holding the things needed for a blood test.

"Aunty y/n!"zola smiled and signed something.

"Thanks for teaching her sign." Meredith said as we watched the two having a silent conversation. "Come on zozo, let's let Aunty y/n get her blood tested."

"Bye bye Aunty y/n, bye bye auntie Addie." The small girl waved before following her mother out the room.

"Right, let's get started." Bailey smiled as she sanitised y/n's arm and got to work on drawing her blood.

"I'll put these through and tell them to rush." Bailey told us as she gave me what I needed to clean up my wife's arm.

"We might have a baby." She mumbled and I saw she was staring at her stomach.

"We will have a baby, even if it's not now we will have one." I tell her gently as I lean down to kiss her gently.

"Even if we have to adopt?"

"Even then, I was thinking we have this baby then we adopt the rest give kids who need a home two loving parents and a loving sibling." I told her as I climbed into the seat with her and rested my hand on her stomach. "But for now we are going to focus on this little bean."

"Our little bean." She smiled to herself as she leaned into my embrace.

"Get some sleep and I'll wake you when Miranda brings the results."

"I'm not tired." She protested with a yawn but only seconds later she was fast asleep in my arms.

—————-

"I'm happy to tell you that you are indeed pregnant." Bailey smiled as she entered the room, showing me the blood test results while y/n just looked up at me confused.

"What's that?" She asked Pointing to the long words under the positive pregnancy result.

"The blood test also revealed that you have type 1 diabetes and that's why you have been fainting and getting Ill. I've already set up an appointment to get you set up with all the things you need and carina has already said she wants to keep an eye on you and the baby."

"Wait so I'm gonna need one of those insulin pumps with the cool sticker patches?" She asked me with a curious look, she enjoys watching people put stickers over their insulin pumps and how cool they are.

"Unless you want to use needles all the time?" I asked with a laugh, knowing she hated needles.

"No!" She pouts.

———————
Y/n's pov-

I watched as Addie walked around the room with our baby.

"Your mommy and I love you so much." She mumbled before gently kissing our baby girls head.

"As cute as it is watching this but my boobs are hurting so it's feeding time."I giggled when she pouted at me but brought her over.

"Hey my sweet baby." I smiled down at her as she latched on.

I stared at her lovingly until I looked up at my wife.

"Grace Addison Forbes Montgomery." I say out of nowhere as I looked into my wife amazing green eyes. "I want our baby to have their mommas name in there and you liked the name grace."

"Oh how I love you Mrs Montgomery." She chuckles and lean forward to kiss me.

"And I love you too Dr. Montgomery, now come give me cuddles while I feed our baby."

"How can I say no, you just pushed our baby's fat head out." She giggled and climbed into the hospital bed with me.

"Mhm and I will hold that against you anytime you say no to me over buying baby clothes."

—————
Not proof read
1265 words