I miss you- Amelia shepherd

Description- Amelia met her girlfriend soon after her divorce with Owen but during a break that they took while y/n went home to handle her mother who had terminal cancer, their break just turned into a break up and Amelia had scout. But now y/n is back and working in the daycare again. Will Amelia fall in love again, did she ever stop?

Y/n has been gone for two years.

—————

Y/n's pov-

For the first time in over two years, I am back at work and it feels so good to be back doing what I love.

"Y/n!"Zola exclaimed as she ran into my arms, Bailey and Ellis following after. "Mom it's y/n!!"

It's a Saturday so the kids aren't in school.

I hadn't seen them in person since I left, after then I saw them every other day on face time and then when Amelia ended our break because she said she found someone she really liked and wanted to try with and ended us for good I only saw the kids on call every few weeks when Mer would call to catch up.

"Y/n!" Meredith smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. As tight as she could with a baby who looked just over 6 months

"And who is this cutie?" I asked and took the child into my arms as she signed them in.

I'm in the three months-two years room so he's in my room anyway.

"That's Amelia's son, scout." She told me after hesitating.

"Well he is beautiful." I sighed after getting over my heart breaking all over again. "Just like his mommy."

"Yeah, are you going to be okay looking after him because I'm sure if you explain they will move your room." She smiles lightly as she takes Ellis's jacket off for her.

"I have to get over her, she broke up with me almost a year and a half ago, she's happy with a kid so I'm just going to get over it and do my job."I smiled and bounced the baby gently before saying goodbye to the other kids and heading to the baby room as he was the last one I was waiting on.

"Now scout, let's see what we can do before it's time to for a feeding shall we?" I asked him jokingly.

———————
Amelia's pov-

I was going to pick scout up when I saw link walking towards daycare as well.

"I thought it was my night?" I asked confused, have I got my dates muddled?

"It is, I was just wondering if I could have a cuddle before you took him home because I've had a bad day."

"Sure, you can have him while I gather his things." I smiled and led him into the daycare.

Yes I don't love him anymore, I'm not sure I ever did but I still care. 

He's my sons dad after all and I think we need to be there for each other so we can be there for our son.

As we walked into the baby room I saw someone I thought I would never see again.

"Y/n." I smiled and she jumped to turn to me.

"Dr shepherd, I just gave scout a bottle twenty minutes ago and I was about to put him down for a nap so he might be a little groggy." She said as she picked up scout and went to hand me him but link scooped him up.

"I'm link, scouts dad." He said as he rocked scout.

I could see him checking her out making me roll my eyes.

"Nice to meet you, my names y/n I run the baby room now and I will be closely working with scout until he is two." She said with her 'I need to be polite or I'll get fired' voice I remember her using on parents when I would meet her after work.

I just never thought it would be directed towards me.

"Why don't you go sign him out while I gather his things?" I asked link, desperate for a moment alone with the woman I thought I would never see again.

"Yeah, sure." He agreed before walking out the room and over to the sign out sheet.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked her knowing if she was back it meant her mom had past away.

"I'm fine, here is scouts things and his Daily diary so you can see everything that happened today." She said handing me the things before turning back around to pick up a baby who was starting to cry.

"Can we talk?"I asked and tried to step closer but she stepped back.

"About what, you have an amazing son and boyfriend so I don't see any reason for us to talk." She sighed and walked to the changing table.

"He's not my boyfriend, we broke up shortly after scout was born." I confessed as I walked closer.

"What do you really want Amelia?" She sighed and I could tell she was confused.

"I want to talk, I want to explain how i felt then hear how you felt because I want to be with you, I never stopped i just forced myself to move on."

"Mila, you ended our break by saying you met someone and you would rather be with them than wait for me to come back after my mother died because I would be a mess and you wouldn't want to deal with that so you were ending things."

"Y/n-" I tried to close the gap between us but she walked away from me.

"Go tend to your son." She sighed and I just nodded knowing I wasn't going to get anywhere today.

—————
"Y/n, can we talk?" I asked as she walked out of the hospital and pass the bench I was sat on playing with scout while I waited for her.

"What now Amelia?" She asked while pushing her hair out of her face tiredly.

"Please, can we talk?"

"You have until I reach my car." She sighed and continued to walk, so I had to quickly gather all mine and scouts things before catching up.

She looked at me quickly before sighing and taking scout from me and stopped for a moment to allow me to get the bags and jackets sorted so I wasn't struggling to hold them.

"Right, talk." She said as I was finished and started walking again as she allowed scout to play with her necklace that I recognised as her moms.

"I was scared of seeing you hurt, so I done the worst thing I thought of and I ended it, i used link having a crush on me as an excuse." I sighed and looked forward.

"Mila, I get that you didn't want ti see me hurt but whether you see it or not I was still going to hurt and I would of rather of hurt with you."

"I know and I realize that now, I made the biggest mistake leaving you because I'm still in love with you but to be completely honest I don't regret it it gave me my son."

"He is cute isn't he?" She laughed and I could hear the sadness in the laugh so I turned to face her to see she had a few tears running down her face.

"You okay?"

"I missed you, I miss my mom and I still love you what makes it harder to try to get over you." She sighed and opens a car door.

"What if I don't want you to get over me? What if I want to help you through missing your mom? What if I want us to love each other in a relationship?"

"Enough with the what ifs." She laughed and handed me scout and got into the car.

"The what ifs can end if you let me have another shot." I smiled and closed the door for her and leaned through the window. "Go on a date with me?"

"Only if you you bring this cute baby."

"It's a date."

————-
Not proof read
1364 words