Arc 3 chapter 18: ternary of Pride

A funny thing happened. A note app I use to write my fic in i tried to Cut and paste the text, and instead a whole end dialogue near the end of this chapter and the beginning of the next chapter got erased.

I had to type it out again. The conversation was annoying, but on the brighter side I improved it immensely.

Alright before we start I have to warn some of you who might've missed it. Last chapter: Sin eater

I edited something at the beginning up until Subaru passed out.

The first thing is adding the "third healing source."

It has a symbolic value, but other than that it plays into the second little detail:

The other one is a clue that tells something yet to be revealed.

If you look at it hard enough I bet you could figure it out, but good luck with that.

Anyways the title of the chapter and its head picture are also connected.

Ternary means consisting of three parts.

Also just like a picture I'll be taking a break after these next two chapters

Anyways, Chapter begin:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Aldebran stiffens up:
"... That look is dangerous, I wouldn't recommend going into a brawl right now. Especially around the princess."

Subaru stands up, seething but managing to control his voice:
"Why should I be considerate of your ilk, authority bearer? How many have you abused with that evil parasite that resides in your cranium? I should just exterminate you: sinners, and scrape off that filth of your corpse.

But don't worry. I will lock that thing where it can't ever be used, inside my own body."
As Subaru was about to make a step in his boxing pose

Al reaches for the sword but he doesn't pull it out:
"Shit! Define domain. Thought experiment: start."

Subaru relaxes his boxing guard in contemplation:
"This is... No it's tied to your authority. For a second I was worried you had been blessed with domain expansion, but you're a complete amateur regarding cursed energy."

Aldebran still has his hand on his sword, tries to motion with his missing hand for Subaru to calm dawn:
"Your life could be in danger, please stand down, let's calm down and talk."

Subaru having gone through literally everything just a few moments ago, had long gone abandoned the responsibility to reason with anybody:
"Are you going to step forward to meet your death, or are you going to hide behind your master you rotten mutt?

Accept it and, I'll consider giving you a mercy kill."

Al tensed up, trying everything that comes to mind just to avoid this:
"Well if my pride as a man is the only price to pay for peaceful negotiations then I wouldn't mind sitting this one out." Somehow he managed to hide his nervousness.

Subaru points a finger at Al:
"The more I think about it, the more I am convinced. Heh, they always act the opposite of their sin at the first glance. Isn't that right, Pride?"

Subaru shoots a beam of cursed energy and a decent hole inside Aldebran's neck is blown out. Al stumbles back, losing his balance and as he was about to hit the ground-

Something shifts in the atmosphere and he is back at his original position saying:

"Your life could be in danger, please stand down, let's calm down and talk."