Arc 1 chapter 1: the worst day

At the entrance of a Tombs of the Star corridor, hurried steps can be heard. A frantic young man with spiky black hair with mean sanpaku heterochromia eyes, one ordinary brown, the other vibrant light blue eye clear as a sky. His face portrays an emotion of utter shame and anguish

'How can this be happening?' the boy thought as he tried to steady his uneasy breath. 'I can't fail, not again, I must warn them'

"Riko!"

'I have to figure out how to properly warn them'

"Geto! The contract killer is still alive! You have to-"

An echo of a gunshot shakes his entire soul. His eyes widened as a silhouette of a girl in a distance drops to a ground.

"Ri- Riko?"

'I am late? It's... it's all my fault...'

"You're too late, brat" a cruel figure steps out of the shadow.

"Bastard!" A black haired kid charges with fists enveloped in cursed energy.

"Heh, finally decided to join your brother, I see. It would've been wiser to just run away." Toji says as he easily steps aside.

"You have no right to mention my onii-sama, scum!" a boy shouts in frustration as none of his fury of attacks lands a single hit.

"Honestly, what did you expect to achieve, brat?" monster of a man mocks as he guides his blade effortlessly into the boy's shoulder.

Clenching his teeth, he swats the assassin's hand upwards and kicks him away for some breathing room.

'I have to act fast, any misstep will cost me my life'

Grunting, the student pulls out a knife, and as he envelopes it with cursed energy, his gaze becomes murderous.

"Quick thinking on claiming my weapon, I'll give you that. But I think I'll retrieve it in a sec'."

And true to his word just after 5 seconds of effortless doging, blocking and deflecting, Toji manages to position Subaru's hand in such a way that when he gripped the teenagers hand so that his blade's edge was dangerously close to his left brown eye.

'dropping the knife is not an option he will just drive it trough with his open palm hand he keps on the handle'

"Heh!" The black haired assassin scoffs at his pathetic squirming.

Struggling to owerpower the much more physically trained powerhouse, Subaru tries to trash him with a few knee punches to the ribs, and tilting his head to the side...

"AUUUUGGGGGHHHHH, MY EYE"

The stronger one still managed to guide his knife back to the target, but his hand is blocked before any more damage is done.
Somehow Subaru manages to kick the perpetrator of him, barehanded once again.

"That should teach you, to not take what doesn't belong to you."

"STOP JOKING AROUND, FUCKER!"

"And here I thought you would be grateful to me for getting rid of your birth defect." Toji sighs feigning compassion: "aren't Gojo households all about strength."

"FREAK!"
He desperately tries to keep his facade but in his mind:

'This is not good. I am still fresh out of hospital, not to mention the stab wounds I received by shielding Onii-sama. Where is Geto?! Damn it!'

"Searching for your friend, he's busy holding that stupid dying bitch."

'Crap, my punches are sluggish, he's toying with me now'