Act 3 chapter 5: prelude to darkness

This chapter is long but it has a lot of major side character development, and some minor to the main one. Plus we have a best boy appear later on, so please endure through this, I put a lot of effort in it

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tommorow morning:

In front of the Crusch manor iron gate stood a black haired boy that already had about 1/4 th of his length in white all the way to the roots. On his face there was still some white cloth bandage under his left eye. Sporting big rounded black tinted glasses. Wearing his usual Jujutsu high clothes, his jacket undone showing his buttoned shirt. His clothes were getting tighter due to his efforts. It made him eemember his time spent training in the village.
Subaru's eyes cried while his face remained stoic.

"Whoa, I didn't expect you to be this touched when I arrived."
Reinhard grabbed his chest, jokingly pretending to be touched.

Subaru chuckled: "idiot, it's not like that." Subaru wipes his face: "I just remembered something. Now knowing that I might never return to Arlam village."

"Subaru..."

"I'm fine" Subaru gives a meek smile: "You wanted to say something?"

"Forgive me." Reinhard bows.

Subaru already knowing that this was going to happen puts a glove from his pocket onto his hand:
"Reinhard, chop." he karate chops Reinhard's head: "It wasn't your fault."

"No, I'm a friend to you, as well as Julius. My own lack of virtue was responsible for my failure: to stop disagreement between two friends. That duel had no meaning."

"No meaning?" Subaru was annoyed

"What came of you two fighting there? You lost everything: your reputation; knighthood; you got hurt; and outlawed. And Julius's mental state took a dark turn. He looks so lost in thought. Why not have a calm open discussion with him. Maybe we can get you re-enlisted into the royal guard."

"Nah, I thought about it yesterday and slept on the idea, waking up with a new perspective.

Being a knight isn't really a job for me. To be tied to an order which follows a flawed set of rules, it would only limit my growth.

I am glad that Julius is pondering it too, perhaps I misjudged him. Don't tell him that or he will be back to betraying his friends to keep his face."

"Julius did not-"

"Reinhard you can't be serious. After my speech, after I affirmed that you got offended too. But even worse your Lady too, the ones we have sacred duty towards as knights. Julius still challenged me to a duel. If that's not for his own selfish needs then I don't know what is."

Felix walks into the scene:
"He wanted to show to the rest of the ny-order that nyou were no joke to fight against. Many of them would try to assassinate nyou for insubordination."

"Well when you put it like that, wait if I'm an outlaw now, wouldn't that-?"

"After ny-almost defeating the second strongest swordsman without ny-even using nyour main ability? I doubt anyone would want to fight nyou."

Reinhard shakes his head
"You can't enter any noble houses, royal castle, not to mention excommunication: anyone can fight you without even signaling a duel. At least they didn't have enough ground to deport you and forbid your entry to Lugnica."

Subaru chuckles and with an overhyped scream says:
"Not bad for a first try, eyyy?"

Both knights look at each other at Subaru's remark.