Arc 3 chapter 13: appointment in Samarra

Subaru strolls down the road to  Meet up with the mercenaries. He waits up for everyone to stop and exit their dragon carriages.

"Right on time gentlemen, a map for the mission has been secured.

In case you're wondering I am wearing a robe of a cultist for a mental game against the archbishop in the final battle. The villagers are being safely evacuated. Any questions?"

"When did nya manage to do all of that?! Ny-and that blue haired maid, is she the envoy of the metia nyou seized for Crusch?!"

"Answer to first one: it's a once per day ability with my current skill level, and secondly yes she is. I take this is all you lott wanted to know. We don't have much time to spare for chit chat." Subaru waits for a moment:

"Alright, we can continue. If you expect this to be an exhilarating battle then I am sorry to disappoint you.

No.

This is pest extermination, and it will get repetitive pretty soon.

We will march toward each spot together spread out in a way to cover the most area. Stealth is paramount, sharpen your senses, don't get spotted, and if you do: eliminate the enemy scout as soon as possible.

My duty is to demoralise and eliminate each ringleader, you handle the rest.

Felix you're with me, I am sorry to give you a bad forecast, but besides you only Julius might have the worst role in today's battle. Willhelm would you please take responsibility for mercy kills after I give the signal. Felix's burden will already be quite high."

"My sword is yours to command, Subaru-dono."

"Why is ny-every word nyou speak out so ominous sounding."

Some time later
After 6 successful takedowns, and going for the 7th one:

With a manlier than expected voice:
"Oi Subaru. When nyou said the worst role in this battle, I wasn't nye-xcepting to be reduced to a hand washer."

"I am surprised you endured this long, without complaining. If I knew a better method I would've taken it. I need to get my hands dirty, and I don't want blood and shit to drip from my hand after it."

"You use infinity for your clothes, why can't you do the same for your left hand?"

"Because I can't absorb the authority when I have infinity active."

"Why do nyou insist on taking such nyan unclean ability?! It is evil, and it corrupts minds. The thought of nyou becoming like them is terrifying!"

"Even if somehow it managed to influence me in the slightest, I would rather take my own life than betray my principles. And even if that happens, I have taken precautions to guarantee my execution."

"Somehow this sounds even crazier than telling that nyou're somehow strong enough to defeat it somehow."

"You know that it can't be avoided. If we let it be, someone else will abuse this power. The cycle will repeat and then all of this bloodshed will be wasted."

"So nyou think it's okay for nyou to take all of the filth, wither ny-away and die."

"If it is done for a higher purpose, I don't see why not. Everyone dies someday."

"Don't nyou ever consider how others might feel ny-about it. Do nyou realise the burden nyou put on them with nyour actions."

"It's more of a passing thought. Heh, I can't decide if I'm a bigger burden dead or alive." Subaru laughs darkly.

Shocked:
"Nyou really mean that, don't you? I just don't get it. Back at the capital nyou said all life is sacred. Gone out of nyour way to save everyone that you fought Hakugei with. Nyou even tried to persuade us to spare witch cultists. Why does it seem like nyou don't include nyourself in that philosophy?"