Arc 2 chapter 7: in love and war...

"Nggghhh. It feels like a truck ran me over, and then stray dogs took a bite on my remains."

Subaru slowly opens his eyes.
"It's the same ceiling the first time I woke up in this mansion. This pain... it means I lived, huh?"

Subaru looks at his arms.

"Different clothes again. I'm going to die of embarrassment! We need to hire some male staff a.s.a.p"

Subaru tries to calm down and repress his memory.

Unsuccessfully:

"Kuah! So they dragged my unconscious body, stripped me, cleaned me and then they left. They didn't even bother to greet me this morning! I feel violated. Is this how girls feel after the one night stand. What is wrong with this world, are gender roles reversed?! Do women pin men down or something?! Kyaaaaa! Emilia would never do that!"

("God damn man, get your head out of the gutter, pervert! Oh! He meant pin down as in kabedon, pressing against a wall romantically for a kiss or confession... Oh... Have I been exposed as a pervert? Did this asshole just pulled out a uno reverse without even being aware of it. I'll have to be more careful from now on, this boy is dangerous."-author)

"Hold on. Why am I this excited about the idea of assertive Emilia. Don't tell me these are my preferences. Am I a masochistic. Maybe not, but submissive... No! No! No! I can be dominant too."

("Sure thing pal, keep that copium strong. The way I see glimpses of your future, huhuhu, I am going to enjoy sweet, sweet: revenge." -author.)

"Are you always this noisy in the morning, pervert Barusu?" Ram enters the door.

"You! How much did you hear?!"

"Even the things Ram has been able to hear, she doesn't bother to understand. In your case it was probably something very perverted."

"Thank, budha- I mean I don't always think perverted things, not more than normal for a virgin boy my age!"

"Keep telling yourself that Barusu, and maybe you can one day reach divinity by convincing yourself with made up facts."

"Grrrr! Just give me my clothes already, you nun maid. Judging people like you're any better. Boys and girls have the same drive it was proven!"

"Even Emilia? Such-"

"Except Emilia of course because she's seriously a goddess. E!M!M! "

("Emilia maji megumi, you already have a translation.
Well at least he has a clean spot for Emilia in his mind. A spot that was almost ruined by assertive Emilia. I totally understand the struggle tho, such a thought is dangerous even for me." -author)

Ram waves her hand and leaves her palm open and as if holding a platter:
"Feh! At least you have some decency inside of you Barusu. Or should I say dumber than barrel Barellsu."

Subaru looked as if his puppy had just drowned.

"Oh god... I haven't considered what that action would have as a consequence. Will my reputation as a knight be at risk?"

"You did GAIN a name of the barrel knight in the village."

All the colour from Subaru drained.

"I see... Ram, please kill me."

"And deprive Ram of her greatest pleasure of seeing you continually die of embarrassment. Not for all the gold in the world."

'is it worth it to repeat. I really don't want to go through all of that. I guess the name is stuck now.'