Act 3 chapter 6: gathering of the sins

Subaru pulled the rain signaling the ground dragon to get closer to Otto's carriage. He jumped forward so that when he got out of the range of earth dragon: divine protection of wind evasion, the drag of the wind would propel him backwards just enough to enter Otto's carriage. Infinity made that stunt a lot smoother of course, but there was still some wind resistance. Inside the carriage, there was the thing Subaru was searching for: an oil jar.

Otto despaired:
"For the love of Od Laguna, I can't believe my rotten luck! Just when I thought I got a lucky break I will be devoured by White Whale."

"Follow my instructions if you want to live" Subaru holds two jars of oil imbued with cursed energy.

(" Wow, now we are referencing the terminator I see..." -author)

Subaru throws both jars straight into White whale's eye. The Shards embed themselves deep into soft flesh, causing the beast to shriek in surprise.

"This was supposed to be a last measure if I ever got stuck" Subaru reached into the pocket taking a fire-stone: "so instead of me, I guess you'll be the one to bite it down."

Subaru charges the fire-stone in cursed energy and you guessed it:

Subaru flicks that bad boy aiming for a mound of flesh where once healthy eye used to be.

Subaru learned in that moment, just how lucky he had been. If the White whale didn't recoil in pain and thus gave distance: the following explosion would at least make the dragon carriage cloth roof catch on fire.

Magic stones of this world are crystallisation of atmospheric mana. Mana exists on the positive spectrum of this world's energy flow. The exact opposite of it is miasma as its corrupted form. Mana originates from Od Laguna, and there is this whole cycle of mana much like a cycle of water, where Od laguna is like an ocean: the final destination of mana. Od laguna is also responsible for giving divine protections, a natural magical law that affects the person's bodily abilities since birth. The most opposite to divine protection while still being a part of the laws of this world's integrity are the curses. Curses negatively affect the person's body from activation up until death.

C.E. and R.C.E. exists in the very center between 'good' and 'evil' power the person can obtain. Curse energy is derived from personal effort, and much like the other systems has ties to a person's body mind and soul. That's why mana and cursed energy don't necessarily repel each other.

Cursed energy can serve as a cup, better shaping the intent. It can be used as spice giving mana extra effects and a boost in power. It can even be used as a substitute, if one's mana reserves are lacking, but you still need to use about 30-40% of mana in the mana - C.E. equation.

But for this specific situation there is still one more usage of C.E. that Subaru didn't consider. It is a modification of the cup function, and it's similar to hydraulic press.

If you tried to do this method inside your body you would explode, no matter what your affinity for magic is, or what spell you tried to use. But for any instance outside your body whether it's a made construct from mana, or lets say: a magic stone...

Depending how much pressure you apply to it, it can have varying effects.

Subaru unfortunately bombarded it with so much cursed energy into that magic rock, that all the mana was being pushed back into singularity. The only saving grace for such a suicidal act, is that cursed energy reinforces objects physical properties.

So unless the proper amount of external force aimed towards changing the materials form is applied;

or the strength of the cursed energy 'shell' is lessened over time. There is no need for worry...