Arc 3 chapter 4: disgraced knight

Julius was walking towards Subaru.

'of course he would, after such a bold claim with his new sword, he needs to keep the hype up. Battles are all about intimidation.'

Subaru was unmoving. His clear light-blue eyes were carefully eyeing his opponent, every muscle contracting and relaxing in harmony. Only an experienced fighter can produce such a symphony.

Julius slashed down diagonally downwards from the right side; followed by the same striking motion from the left side, finally a horizontal sweep.

' he's testing the waters. But the more you prolong the more I get used to your fighting style.'

Upward vertical.

'Those are quite tricky to dodge but...'

Subaru jumps sharply to the right delivering a spinning hook kick that barely misses Julius's head. The first attack from Subaru's side was thrown.

'I didn't go all out too, but I hoped he less expected the sudden change in my rhythm.'

As if the bell ring was ringed Julius attacks picked up speed.

'The swing of the swords are too wide, he leaves himself too open'

Subaru found himself in a position where his descending  downwards: high roundhouse kick was going to be met with Julius' upward diagonal slash.
Subaru however used the momentum of his descending leg to push himself into jump with a grounded leg: rotating horizontally above the rising blade.
The momentum is then transferred to the descending hook kick from his right leg.

Out of balance: Julius steps out of the way.

Subaru takes the opportunity to fly in with a dragon kick, Julius thinking he is sly: plans to thrust his blade making subaru impale himself.
Subaru instead redirects the blade with his right backhand.
Continuing  his momentum from the dragon kick lets him wrap his entire body around Julius' right sword hand.
The gravity and force from collision affect the two now falling young men. Subaru positions himself in such a way that in the moment of impact with ground Julius' arm would dislocate and possibly break a bone.

"In, do it." Julius said.

With a struggle, a bit of acrobatics, precise movement, and a lot of strength Julius managed to break free.

"Are you going to fight seriously now?" Subaru threw back the blade he wringed out of Julius' grasp.

"Thank you, you can go." Julius told softly to his yang spirit.

"that's pretty insulting Julius-kun, you basically said: 'what you just did is a fluke, if it was fair fight I would still beat you without much effort.' You'll regret your decision to power down when I knock some teeth out of you, pretty boy."

"Hmh!"

Julius goes for an even faster thrust, Subaru moves into left Julius' space his back turned on the blade. Julius quickly recovers with relatively the same speed of his previous attack and he rotates his arm and aims at decapitation slash.

Subaru just shifted his body downward and attempted to do 180° vertical side kick mere hair width from Julius face.

("He does complete vertical splits with his legs"- author)

Julius dazed again stumbles back, only to be met with a relentless tornado kick after Subaru used his falling momentum from the previous attack.

Knowing he would be losing his entire right side Julius borrowed a little help from his spirit and forced his body to drop to the floor, on his back.